Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-14-2019, 06:59 PM   #121
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

same here
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:25 PM   #122
UTDWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The price of the new Juggernaut Maquette has worried me for this piece. There’s no chance I can afford anything near that price point and I assume Gladiator Hulk is going to be similar.
UTDWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #123
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

This’ll likely be 2x the price of the original Gladiator/King Hulk. Why? Because SS (and statue companies in general) are fu#%ing insane.

They are literally killing this hobby.

Haven’t preordered a piece in years. Paying off existing orders.

But I used to do about five PFs per year.

Oh well, was fun while it lasted (started in 1993 with Bowen).
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #124
Biggunz
Loki

i think i literally got gladiator hulk for $550 at bbts
new one might be 3x
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:57 PM   #125
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Tons of collectors want these statues just like Juggernaut. But let's see how many will pay up to get it. SS has pretty much caught up to xm and p1 pricing now. They know people will pay up by watching p1 and xm sell out at crazy prices. They are now taking their share as well. This is just business as they would say but definitely not the fans. I guess it comes back to people have to vote with their wallets. Unfortunately this could put them out of business if enough people do it and then we won't get anything at all. Tough choice. This Hulk will be stunning juding by the preview. More exciting by far than juggernaut imo.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:00 PM   #126
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
This’ll likely be 2x the price of the original Gladiator/King Hulk. Why? Because SS (and statue companies in general) are fu#%ing insane.

They are literally killing this hobby.

Haven’t preordered a piece in years. Paying off existing orders.

But I used to do about five PFs per year.

Oh well, was fun while it lasted (started in 1993 with Bowen).
I’ve literally been reading the same line for the past 6-7 years, and yet the hobby isn’t dead......yet.

I have no idea where the tipping point is, in regards to pricing, but since I started 5-6 years ago the standard PF has almost doubled, and yet pieces are still selling.

I’m guessing that as the old guard get priced out, newer collectors are replacing them just as fast as they’re lost.

I seem to remember Sideshow stating that the large bulk of their customers aren’t like us and buy entire lines and collections, but a piece here and a piece there and that’s it.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:27 PM   #127
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I’ve literally been reading the same line for the past 6-7 years, and yet the hobby isn’t dead......yet.

I have no idea where the tipping point is, in regards to pricing, but since I started 5-6 years ago the standard PF has almost doubled, and yet pieces are still selling.

I’m guessing that as the old guard get priced out, newer collectors are replacing them just as fast as they’re lost.

I seem to remember Sideshow stating that the large bulk of their customers aren’t like us and buy entire lines and collections, but a piece here and a piece there and that’s it.
I am personally getting priced out.. I can afford it but I feel guilty paying this kind of money for a non necessity.

I guess I am getting old.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:38 PM   #128
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
I am personally getting priced out.. I can afford it but I feel guilty paying this kind of money for a non necessity.

It all depends where your current priorities lie. Would you rather take the family out to dinner, holidays etc, which are for the memories etc, or something more tangible? New car, or home improvements and the like.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:13 AM   #129
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post

I can relate as well... when you tell your family/friends how much jugs costs, they say wow, nice statue but that price is ridiculous!... and your thinking, damn, it is crazy
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:16 AM   #130
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingstang View Post
I can relate as well... when you tell your family/friends how much jugs costs, they say wow, nice statue but that price is ridiculous!... and your thinking, damn, it is crazy
One co worker told me he said a couple sideshow statues and said aren’t they expensive like around 50.00 each? I said uh... no. They are like 500-1000.00 being nice about the prices. He almost fell on the floor saying no way??!?! I said yep. I’m crazy to spend so much on something that just sits there. I didn’t even mention the 1500-3k aftermarket statues I’ve paid for. Makes me think about it sometimes. I can get a Apple laptop and use it daily for everything or 1 statue. X that by 15-20 a year with even higher rising prices going forward. Lol
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote