Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 03-07-2019, 01:13 AM   #21
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Looking at my CAF by year, it looks like my JSC piece was my first. Kinda crazy when I think about it, lol
That is an epic piece to start with.
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #22
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Looking at my CAF by year, it looks like my JSC piece was my first. Kinda crazy when I think about it, lol
That is quite a first piece! I wish I dove in the deep end right away like that tbh.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #23
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:

That's one helluva first piece!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:58 PM   #24
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

My first piece was a free sketch by whilce portacio in 1998 at Wizard world Chicago but i didn't get anymore sketches until 2002 which i kick my self for not doing this earlier and those were mostly freebies i didn't know you could pay artist until 2005 to do more detailed piece

My first commission that i paid for was by Rags Morales of Solomon Grundy. Before joining sf i was over at the Geoff Johns boards and rags was a regular on the board so i set something up with him and he has been one of my favorite artist since then.

My first piece of OA was a leonard kirk JSA piece that i bought during spencer's holiday sale i think in 2007.

And my first cover was this eric powell devil dinosaur piece that bought in 2009.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Portacio Hulk.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	646.5 KB
ID:	121601   Click image for larger version

Name:	rags_grundy.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	121604   Click image for larger version

Name:	JSA43-07.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	121605   Click image for larger version

Name:	devildino1powellcov.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	121606  
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:01 PM   #25
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
My first piece was a free sketch by whilce portacio in 1998 at Wizard world Chicago but i didn't get anymore sketches until 2002 which i kick my self for not doing this earlier and those were mostly freebies i didn't know you could pay artist until 2005 to do more detailed piece

My first commission that i paid for was by Rags Morales of Solomon Grundy. Before joining sf i was over at the Geoff Johns boards and rags was a regular on the board so i set something up with him and he has been one of my favorite artist since then.

My first piece of OA was a leonard kirk JSA piece that i bought during spencer's holiday sale i think in 2007.

And my first cover was this eric powell devil dinosaur piece that bought in 2009.
That Devil Dinosaur cover is awesome.

And it's so great seeing how Rags' commissions have evolved. Your Grundy piece is pretty fantastic but his at home commissions are on a whole different level these days.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #26
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
That Devil Dinosaur cover is awesome.

And it's so great seeing how Rags' commissions have evolved. Your Grundy piece is pretty fantastic but his at home commissions are on a whole different level these days.
Yeah rags hasn't stopped producing great art, only thing i wish he do was do 11 x 17 instead of that smaller wider paper.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:56 PM   #27
IG-64
Justice League

First commission: Medusa and Black Bolt by Mike Perkins. Loved Mike's work on the Brubaker Captain America run, thought he was a great complement to Epting.

IG-64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:38 PM   #28
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post

Love that DD cover!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote