Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-18-2019, 02:03 PM   #1
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Question How Many Statues/Busts have you had break beyond repair?

How many? and not from shipping, just good ol' being knocked over to their demise?

One of mine was the Lara Croft Tom Raider in the black dress... My oldest managed to open my display case and decided to break it beyond repair. He was 2...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

12 years of collecting just had one GG Royal Guard statue.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:15 PM   #3
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
How many? and not from shipping, just good ol' being knocked over to their demise?

One of mine was the Lara Croft Tom Raider in the black dress... My oldest managed to open my display case and decided to break it beyond repair. He was 2...
OUCH

never had anything break beyond repair so far

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:36 PM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

I've have just one statue arrive broken beyond repair - Derby from Gentle Giant

I originally picked up Derby direct from Gentle Giant, and it arrived in perfect shape bar the small blue clip, which had broken off, and i re attached it using glue.

Later i spotted Derby going for a low price on ebay. The plan was to buy this Derby, and sell my Derby (with repaired blue clip).
Sounds silly, but there you go.

As soon as the ebay Derby arrived, i knew it was busted, as i could hear noise (rattle) inside the box. Both legs were off, ankle had snapped, hair (ponytail) had snapped off. Maybe the seller knew it was busted? (more on this later)

I received a full refund, and repaired the statue. The ankle seam repair can be seen. The sections at the top of both legs have many small pieces missing (they appeared to turn to dust inside the clear bag?). I've ended up with an extra Derby that has no use, as i have a better Derby on display, and a beyond repair (to a good standard) Derby that is unsellable.

I learnt one thing from this experience. Never buy something from a seller that uses ebay Global shipping program, as it is slow and expensive. The slowness means the parcel passes through many depots. Once it arrives in the UK, it ends up in the hands of one of the worse couriers - Yodel. I found my Derby on the concrete ground at the side of the house. The driver had thrown it over a 7ft high gate. The annoying things was, i was home at the time. I assume the driver was impatient tw-t.

The combined cost of the statue and the expensive ebay Global shipping program (which includes the 20% import tax) cost ebay about $450 to refund.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:03 PM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

3 but insurance replaced them all.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:29 AM   #6
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

which 3?

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote