Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #121
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
No need to be snippy about it, they were filming for their legions of Australian fans is all.
I am never snippy, lol.
I told A------ about it, he fixed her top.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #122
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This does not interest me. I liked the other pieces that ARH released at SDCC. Forget the names though.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #123
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
No need to be snippy about it, they were filming for their legions of Australian fans is all.
LOL don't forget their Canadian fans!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #124
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

The Catwoman LSF should have had those hips.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #125
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I am never snippy, lol.
I told A------ about it, he fixed her top.
should have let it ride!
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #126
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Can anyone explain exactly what the "Artist proof" consists of? I'm a bit wary of these ARH statues, because (from what I've seen in the past) the paint apps look very, well, thick. I'm lookig at this staute and comparing it with Yamato's Ritual statue, where the paint apps are smmooooth all the way, with MUCHO detail left to see......

I'm hoping artist proof means, painted to a proffessional standard? is that correct?
arh paint has always been very consistent and excellent. I am not sure if you own a piece or seen one in person, paint quality is never an issue with them.

AP just means it's painted in USA by the original artists not chinese factory. But unlike sideshow, there isnt much difference so i rather get a nice discount or an extra exclusive than pay the full retail for AP.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #127
gagaliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The APs are painted in house, instead of being painted at a factory. It usually takes 30 days from an AP order to receive it. At least that is what was posted on ARH website. I have never purchased an AP and only have one statue from them which is the Athena.

My Athena arrived with a broken base in which the owl is perched upon and there was a chip on one of the gold parts of the horse relief. Well, I contacted ARH and he told me to send it to him and that many of the Athenas had breakages at that exact spot due to poor packaging (he is now using high quality styrofoam as a result of this and the messy Medusa packaging).

Anyway, I got my base back in about 3 weeks and he signed the bottom of the base and numbered it. The base came back in perfect condition and I could not tell it had ever been broken.

Unfortunately, Dechirico7 had a bad situation with them, but I have had a great experience in talking directly with Arahom and he apologized and conversed with me with the utmost respect. Now I am the proud owner of Athena and stand by the excellent sculpt and solid paint job. Its not the absolute best paint job I have seen, true, but it is pretty consistent. I received a factory production Athena, not an AP. But seeing how he fixed my Athena, I would think an AP would look better.

Check out the thread in this section about Athena arrived damaged. I posted the fixed bases picture in a thread showing Vampirella, Athena and Lara side by side.
i dont think there was ONE athena that came unbroken, it was the crappy packaging, the entire weight of the heavy base was rested upon the owl's branch. I didnt bother to send it back, it was very easy fix with some 2 part epoxy then paint over the connection line with some black color, cant tell even if you know where to look.

I wish they had a bloodbath version of athena though, think i am just going to collect all bloodbath going forward from arh if they make one, i will buy the statue.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #128
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
arh paint has always been very consistent and excellent. I am not sure if you own a piece or seen one in person, paint quality is never an issue with them.

I beg to differ on that point. Look around, you'll see plenty of issues. Even the Medusa had a lot of paint issues if you dig through that thread. I know for a fact that Thor had issues.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #129
gagaliya

Quote:
I beg to differ on that point. Look around, you'll see plenty of issues. Even the Medusa had a lot of paint issues if you dig through that thread. I know for a fact that Thor had issues.
i got leonidas, athena, barbarian, and thor(sadly had to sell this, too tall). None of them had any paint quality issues or lazy eyes like sideshow. It was all excellent /shrug
Old 07-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #130
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
i got leonidas, athena, barbarian, and thor(sadly had to sell this, too tall). None of them had any paint quality issues or lazy eyes like sideshow. It was all excellent /shrug
I got the Thor, and I'll show you BAD paint quality in pics after I get moved. /shrugbackhombre