Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #11
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post
So I when I last talked to these guys was 2 weeks ago on the 13th and the issue was to be taken care of. Since then I have heard nothing back. I have PM'd the guy, I have e-mailed him, and gave him a secondary e-mail in case my primary one was screwing up. And still nothing.

So I am posting here again one last time before I go through my CC company to get any action done.

Has SpecFictionShop followed up on this with you since your last post?

I have hesitated posting anything here as I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I have been trying to get a replacement for a damaged Gentle Giant Whisper statue I received back in mid January.

I provided pictures of the damage, and was told a replacement would be sent out. Nearly a month and a half later, and several emails to info@specfictionshop.com and PMs to him here on his StatueForum account, I have had zero luck getting any information back (and no replacement or refund). No response other than telling me some time in Feb. that my original replacement request must have gotten lost in the shuffle and to send him another email.

I have received no further replies after sending several emails and PMs over the past month.

The thing that makes me more angry is I also pre-ordered the Derby and Lucky statues from SpecFictionShop (with deposits paid), and received a
shipping soon notice regarding the Derby statue with the info about the balance due on my order. Can't say I'm very enthusiastic about either one of those additional orders at this point.

I would love a response from SpecFictionShop, but I have my doubts one will be forthcoming after all my prior attempts to get a response from them.

Sorry for the long post. Just very aggravated at this point.
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:49 PM   #12
IXEC
Hellboy

delete....
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:49 AM   #13
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

My experience with him was he didn't pay the manufacture for the statues he ordered and could not fulfill my order. Lied about the situation stating due to damages he could not get the statues, I called the manufacture they said he never paid the bill for the statues he ordered that it has nothing to do with damages. I just looked on Specs site and that same statue is still listed as available. Even though he stuck to his lie about not being able to get enough due to damages, that right there shows the ethics of their business and I would rather pick it up on eBay or through a private seller than deal with them ever again.

He did refund my money in a timely manner, that is the only positive to the entire situation.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:11 PM   #14
KingToys
Doh!

My story as below for your reference, I'm waiting for refund over one month..., hope SF could take responsibility to refund me as what he said in email.

[01/09]
Thank you for placing your order with Spec Fiction Shop!
This email is to confirm your recent order.
Date 01/09/2016

1x ARHIAN Head Huntress 1/4 Scale Statue by ARH Studios - SHIPS 01/01/2016 for $379.99 each
Subtotal : $379.99 USD
Shipping : $159.15 USD
Total : $539.14 USD

[01/20]
Me: May I know the shipping progress on ORDER #2370?
Or you can provide some information for tracking?

[01/21]
Todd: Shipping in February once I receive my shipment from ARH

[02/15]
Me: May I know the shipping date of #2370 order?

Todd: I’m sorry but ARH allocated me for this item. I had 16 on order and they said they could only give me 1 piece. I'm Terribly sorry. I will be refunding you today.

Me: So you will cover the 5% Paypal processing fee, right?

Todd: Yes 100%

[02/16]
Me: Thanks. Please update me once you complete the refund process.

[02/22]
Me: Any update on refund status?
I've removed this budget to another statues, please speed up the process.
[02/26]
Me: Is there any update about refunding? 10 days has gone after you reply to refund.
You have decommitted the order fulfillment first then refund processing...
Please update me as soon as possible.
[02/27]
Todd: Will refund today thanks!

[03/07]
Me: 19 days has gone. Is there any issues on the refund?
Your company has good credit in market, I do hope we can close it this time.
[03/14]
Me: Any update? When can you refund for #2370?

[03/19]
KingToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:25 PM   #15
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingToys View Post
My story as below for your reference, I'm waiting for refund over one month..., hope SF could take responsibility to refund me as what he said in email.

[01/09]
Thank you for placing your order with Spec Fiction Shop!
This email is to confirm your recent order.
Date 01/09/2016

1x ARHIAN Head Huntress 1/4 Scale Statue by ARH Studios - SHIPS 01/01/2016 for $379.99 each
Subtotal : $379.99 USD
Shipping : $159.15 USD
Total : $539.14 USD

[01/20]
Me: May I know the shipping progress on ORDER #2370?
Or you can provide some information for tracking?

[01/21]
Todd: Shipping in February once I receive my shipment from ARH

[02/15]
Me: May I know the shipping date of #2370 order?

Todd: I’m sorry but ARH allocated me for this item. I had 16 on order and they said they could only give me 1 piece. I'm Terribly sorry. I will be refunding you today.

Me: So you will cover the 5% Paypal processing fee, right?

Todd: Yes 100%

[02/16]
Me: Thanks. Please update me once you complete the refund process.

[02/22]
Me: Any update on refund status?
I've removed this budget to another statues, please speed up the process.
[02/26]
Me: Is there any update about refunding? 10 days has gone after you reply to refund.
You have decommitted the order fulfillment first then refund processing...
Please update me as soon as possible.
[02/27]
Todd: Will refund today thanks!

[03/07]
Me: 19 days has gone. Is there any issues on the refund?
Your company has good credit in market, I do hope we can close it this time.
[03/14]
Me: Any update? When can you refund for #2370?

[03/19]
Stop fooling around with this guy and contact your CC. company......I saw through him and I did just that.....
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #16
MrBirkin62
The Spirit

yeah spec fiction is a scammer, file a dispute
MrBirkin62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:34 PM   #17
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

FYI, there is a refund function in Paypal where the receiver can provide a full or partial refund. Paypal returns fees as part of the refund process.

Can't speak to why Spec Fiction hasn't responded. I bought an in-stock item once and got it.

Also, never use Paypal for pre-orders. With credit cards, you shouldn't be charged until the item is ready to ship. Plus filing disputes with credit card companies is easier than Paypal. I have no love for Paypal customer service (or lack thereof).
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:15 PM   #18
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
FYI, there is a refund function in Paypal where the receiver can provide a full or partial refund. Paypal returns fees as part of the refund process.

Can't speak to why Spec Fiction hasn't responded. I bought an in-stock item once and got it.

Also, never use Paypal for pre-orders. With credit cards, you shouldn't be charged until the item is ready to ship. Plus filing disputes with credit card companies is easier than Paypal. I have no love for Paypal customer service (or lack thereof).
The refund option oddly has not caught up with their increased dispute time though.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:33 AM   #19
Tacheyon

Just a quick update. I have been offline for a bit.

But I did get my full refund on 3/14.

There was some confusion over my CC info due to my card expiring during this process. But there were gaps in being able to communicate with them. Some days it was same day replies. Others it was 2 weeks.

If I were to use them again I think I would only do in stock items that I couldn't find anywhere else. But that is my 2 cents.
Tacheyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:02 AM   #20
zadmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post
Just a quick update. I have been offline for a bit.

But I did get my full refund on 3/14.

There was some confusion over my CC info due to my card expiring during this process. But there were gaps in being able to communicate with them. Some days it was same day replies. Others it was 2 weeks.

If I were to use them again I think I would only do in stock items that I couldn't find anywhere else. But that is my 2 cents.

All well and good until you receive a damaged item like I did, and then see what happens.

SF did show some angst or whatever after I notified them my Whisper statue arrived damaged stating it was like the 9th one that customers received damaged (box was fine), but that isn't my fault, and is no reason to blow me off and leave me stuck with it.

It's a shame, because they seemed to have a pretty good reputation at one time, but it seems things have changed quite a bit recently. The complete lack of communication from addressing any of these issues speaks volumes given how often they used to post here.
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote