Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 04-21-2015, 07:56 PM   #1
MI5LED
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thinking of picking up Black widow

Hey everyone, I just recently picked up the J Scott Campbell Black widow variant and set it up in my display case and I love it but the shelf needs more of a theme. So I was looking at the Tim Miller Bowen Black Widow statue with the single hand gun. I really like it except for her lazy eyes. So just looking on peoples thoughts on this statue and do you feel the base too skinny? Also what is the going price for the statue? Thanks
MI5LED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:01 PM   #2
gomur
The Tick

Hi Mi5led. Tim Miller did an amazing job on this statue. For such a simple pose, it really commands your attention. A stunning piece minus the occasional googly eyes.

It's hard to say what a "fair" price is. The last sold statues on eBay were: $550 (free ship), $340, $230, $260, and $440 (free ship). I guess $300-350 is a decent ballpark if you're looking at averages.

I can say with certainty that the base is NOT too skinny. My statue stands perfectly balanced.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:34 PM   #3
MI5LED

Thanks for the info gomur. The piece i was looking definitely does have the googly eyes but it is priced at the lower end of the spectrum which is nice to know.

The reason I was asking about the base was cause i have two crazy dogs and while my display case is out of the way it may suffer the occasional bump.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:55 PM   #4
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI5LED View Post
Thanks for the info gomur. The piece i was looking definitely does have the googly eyes but it is priced at the lower end of the spectrum which is nice to know.

The reason I was asking about the base was cause i have two crazy dogs and while my display case is out of the way it may suffer the occasional bump.
Lol. Understood. I've never tried a "bump" test and my cabinet is ginormous so most taps go unnoticed. At worst, some museum putty is all you need. I'm more concerned about my DC Cover Girls statues flipping over than Black Widow.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #5
Teague
Iron Man

Thinking about picking one of these up at some point in the future too...there seem to be a lot of the "rifle" version, which I don't care for as much as what I think is the original.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #6
MI5LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Thinking about picking one of these up at some point in the future too...there seem to be a lot of the "rifle" version, which I don't care for as much as what I think is the original.
I definitely agree on you with that one. Its probaby my favorite Bowen black widow by far even with the funny eyes. The only widows I like better are the xm studio and sideshow versions.

So I think im going to take the plunge tonight if the comic shop still has her but she's been there for months so I think I should be ok. Wish me luck
Old 04-22-2015, 05:00 PM   #7
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI5LED View Post
I definitely agree on you with that one. Its probaby my favorite Bowen black widow by far even with the funny eyes. The only widows I like better are the xm studio and sideshow versions.

So I think im going to take the plunge tonight if the comic shop still has her but she's been there for months so I think I should be ok. Wish me luck
Good luck, Mi5led!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
The rifle version isn't bad either. My only issue is the face. Something about it is too retro. Probably the hair.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #8
MI5LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Good luck, Mi5led!

The rifle version isn't bad either. My only issue is the face. Something about it is too retro. Probably the hair.
Thanks gomur. I also agree with you about the face. The sculpt other than the face is really good but imo the face ruins it. Widow packing a little more heat is never a bad thing.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #9
MI5LED

She is mine!
Old 04-22-2015, 09:02 PM   #10
gomur
The Tick

Awesome! Share some pics of your Widows when you get a chance.