Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which Shirt Style Would You Like? (you vote, you're buying!!!)
(1) coloured tee ($22 plus shipping) 5 29.41%
(1) ringer tee ($23 plus shipping) 5 29.41%
(1) baseball tee ($23 plus shipping) 0 0%
(1) ladies tee ($23 plus shipping) 0 0%
Would like (2) shirts 2 11.76%
Would like (3) or more!! 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2010, 02:54 AM   #1
Rocket
Art of Mod

OFFICIAL SF SHIRTS ARE BACK!!! REGULAR AND NYCC EDITIONS!!!

Hey everyone!! Recently there was a renewed interest in the classic SF T Shirt, so after checking with Drew and MUCH consultation with Jess (JDH) they are back!!!

And this time around, considering the huge contingent of members converging on NYCC in October we decided to get a shirt made up to mark the occasion!!

The regular SF shirts will be essentially the same style as the ones that were previously available so there's not much to report there other than please make it known here in this thread if you are after one so we can organize numbers for an order through Meta Jon (another who deserves massive thanks)

But when it comes to the NYCC "Special Edition" SF shirts, there are some details to reveal

Ok so we wanted the design to reflect both New York AND Statue Forum so Jess developed a great design and I asked a few members for their thoughts. The only real question was could there be an equal representation of the "Big Two", Marvel and DC. So Jess got to work again and came up with something I think you'll agree is fair and really cool.

I guess what I'm saying at the same time is, please don't start new suggestions or asking for tweaks. Jess worked really hard on this and we can't please everyone, so this is the final design, take it or leave it

Ok, here is the final image:

Now we can still get our individual user names (and possibly avatars) across the back, but Jess had a wonderful idea for the back which we'll keep a surprise for now, suffice to say it's a great nod to this forum we all love so much

Another concept I floated was that we can bring fabric pens to the con and all leave each other messages on the shirts as a keepsake of the weekend (ask one of the NY Mafia guys to write you a message at your own risk )

Shirt prices remain THE SAME AS THEY WERE LAST TIME!!! They are coming from Canada through Meta Jon, so apparently those Canadians refuse to acknowledge inflation, which is to our benefit!!

Prices as follows:

$22 for a coloured tee
$23 for a ringer tee
$23 for a baseball tee
$23 for a ladies tee
$2 more for XXL sizes and larger

Now here's another thought.

If we could maybe get a gracious NY member who is coming to the con (usual nice guy suspects would be Paddy or Drew, sorry for putting your names in guys) to take a bulk shipment direct from Canada to them and then they hand out all the shirts at NYCC, we could save a TRUCKLOAD on shipping....?

What do you guys think??

Ok if I've missed something here I apologize and please ask away! Again please don't ask for alterations etc because it's already a big task getting all this done, we're trying to keep it as simple as possible.

So list your intent here, and how many you would need and what style.
After a TBD time period, we will stop taking orders, start taking payment, and get these bad boys produced in time for NYCC!!!

I need to close out with a HUGE thanks to Jess for taking on this rewardless job all the way from England, just to enhance the con experience of fellow SFĂ©rs and to Jon also for getting it all together and produced!!

Thanks guys!!!

Rod.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
Rocket
Art of Mod

Probably should have used the Poll feature for people to mark what style and how many they want of each shirt
Old 07-05-2010, 03:41 AM   #3
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Added a poll sir! And no, I don't know why I'm awake?

Though I just realized I didn't make this a public poll, so you won't be able to see who wants what

It will still gauge interest, is that good enough?
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:42 AM   #4
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
LOL! Up early, or still up late?
Old 07-05-2010, 03:51 AM   #5
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:

Though I just realized I didn't make this a public poll, so you won't be able to see who wants what

It will still gauge interest, is that good enough?
Works for me mate!!

Is the notion of maybe getting a bulk shipment of shirts sent your way a possibility if all else fails mate?

And you beat me to the question of what the hell you're doing awake!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 03:54 AM   #6
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Works for me mate!!

Is the notion of maybe getting a bulk shipment of shirts sent your way a possibility if all else fails mate?

And you beat me to the question of what the hell you're doing awake!!!
Yeah, send them down to me, that's cool. I'll bring them into the show and we can distribute from there
Old 07-05-2010, 03:54 AM   #7
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-X View Post
LOL! Up early, or still up late?
Up late
Old 07-05-2010, 03:55 AM   #8
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Yeah, send them down to me, that's cool. I'll bring them into the show and we can distribute from there
Thinking that would necessitate the SF username on the back so we all know which shirts go where
Old 07-05-2010, 03:58 AM   #9
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Thinking that would necessitate the SF username on the back so we all know which shirts go where
True, that would help
Old 07-05-2010, 05:35 AM   #10
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Yeah, user names can be done. If 1,000 shirts get bought I'll fly over!
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote