Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
Deathlok2001
Resident Metrosexual

Thumbs down The International Baccalaureate program in schools is a joke!

The International Baccalaureate® (IB) offers high quality programes of international education to a worldwide community of schools.

This is a BS program. All it is is a make work program. If one of the goals of IB is getting students to take action, THEN IT IS FAILING!

WHY HAS THIS NOT CREATED GENERATIONS OF KIDS THAT GET OUT AND VOTE? A SIMPLE THING YET VOTER APATHY IS HIGH!

The example given in their manual is:

a parent is running the water to get it hot for their kids bath. The kid runs into the bathroom w/a bucket and fills it with the water that is going down the drain. He says , when questioned by his mom, that he is saving the water to give the garden a drink! LOL

What if they live in an apartment? What if they live in a ghetto?

What if they live in a building where utilities are part of your rent, so they run the water all the time and waste it because they do not pay for it directly?

SO, HOW CAN ANYONE SAY THIS IB CRAP IS WORKING? I would say it works for those that already have internal motivation. But then again, anything would work for them.

It all comes down to a kids internal motivation. Thats it. Either they have it or not. NO program is going to change that.
Deathlok2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I believe that children are our future.
Teach them well and let them lead the way.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
Deathlok2001
Resident Metrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
IB is just like this "great" initiative in business:

ISO 9000 is a family of standards for quality management systems. ISO 9000 is maintained by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization and is administered by accreditation and certification bodies. The rules are updated, as the requirements motivate changes over time. Some of the requirements in ISO 9001:2008 (which is one of the standards in the ISO 9000 family) include

a set of procedures that cover all key processes in the business;
monitoring processes to ensure they are effective;
keeping adequate records;
checking output for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary;
regularly reviewing individual processes and the quality system itself for effectiveness; and
facilitating continual improvement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9000

No one follows the above. Each business does things in their own fashion. Business follow the best practices that suit their particular needs.

The IB program in schools, especially elementary and junior high, is a make work program. Thats about it. AT the high school level I can see it working. Not at the lower levels. They have developed an IB program for kindergarden. LMFAO

What a waste! IB will fade away as the next flavour of the month educational fade blows through town.
Deathlok2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
sleepindeath
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Alright Seriuosly what the Bad-Word-Bad-Word-Bad-Word-Bad-Word- did you do to Lord Odin?
sleepindeath is offline   Reply With Quote