Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Statue Forum members diets...

I was thinking today about my diet. Two reasons really.

I've had to make some big changes regarding the stuff I can eat recently, both for health reasons and the fact that steroid injections make my weight go up and down seriously fast...like 20 llbs difference in a week.

And the second is seeing lists like the one I posted here: http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=109726 Some of this stuff really scared me into thinking about the real cal content of what I eat, especially since I can't excercise much at the moment.

So what sort of typical diet do you guys follow? Do you regularly eat three meals? Is there any food you chose to avoid, or have to avoid?

My typicals...

Breakfast: Usually some Bran Flakes, wheat free Weetabix (don't ask) or some fruit/fruit toast. With a cup of tea of course.

Lunch: Normally a salad, or a granary bread sandwich of tuna with salad. Maybe a fat free yogurt or some fruit to follow.

Dinner: Always homemade. Typical meals include home made chilli, spaghetti bolognaise, fishpie, risotto with leeks and asparagus, pork satay, noodle stir fry with soy and chilli, leek and potato soup, ratatouille, king prawn rogan josh, etc...my mum was a chef so she taught me how to make some pretty good meals.

For any red meat needs I substitute minced Turkey and a beef stock cube, tastes exactly the same.

I have to control my wheat intake due to the bowel cancer. Similarly I can't eat cheese or lots of dairy. Or dark spirits...as a whisky drinker this kills me.

I don't drink anything carbonated, or any fruit juice with high sugar. Normally it's water, tea and sugar free flavoured water.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Once I hit my 40's, I gave up many of the pleasures of youth (fast food, big reduction of fried foods in general). I never really eat sweets and rarely drink carbonated sodas.

I don't have a diet I follow exactly - I just avoid overly sugary items, red meat, and I don't drink as much as in the past. I also try to not eat too late into the evening, like past 7:00 PM. Though because of my schedule I fail at this a LOT
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
rychehitman
Galactus

fishpie?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
fishpie?
Salmon and prawns in a cream sauce topped with mashed potato and grilled...yum
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

I have a protein shake when I get up. For coffee break I usually have oatmeal or Greek yogurt, milk & a banana. Lunch I tend to have whatever...probably have a tuna and cheese sub more than anything else, but I'll grab pizza or buffalo wings if I feel like it. Dinner I like to have either beef or chicken with either potato or rice and a salad.

I've cut down to 2 sodas a day and am trying to go to just one on most days, but honestly that is the hardest thing for me to regulate. I'd drink a dozen a day if it wasn't so damn bad for you. Other than that I just drink a ton of water...I do have a weakness for fruit punch pouches...I'll have one now and again.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
JLM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Salmon and prawns in a cream sauce topped with mashed potato and grilled...yum
Mmmmmm. Fish pie.
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
patrickwm68
The Flash

I've been lactose intolerant for about 3 years, it's something that just happened out of the blue. I can't eat a lot of the foods I use to enjoy or if I do I'll eat them at night so it doesn't screw up my whole day. Ice Cream, Yogurt, Mash Potatoes, even a bowl of cereal with milk will totally wreck my stomach.

I recently gave up sugar and switched to Equal, I also drink diet soda occassionally and I've already lost about 10-12 lbs.

I eat a lot of fruit now too and drink a lot of water, and I only eat 100% wheat bread.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #8
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Nice topic Rich...Weetabix! You and my wife should talk.

Rich, we try to stick with no meat outside of seafood. The problem is two-fold with seafood however, first is price. Second is source. Where is the seafood coming from? It has to be from waters that are monitored by an enviromental agency so we know that it's not mercury filled fish.

We don't drink Soft drinks, and we don't eat fast food (outside the occasional Taco Bell run).
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #9
hawkeyethearcher

i am very lucky. at 40 i can eat anything i want. i eat fast food all the time, red meat whenever, anything and i am in great health. cholesterol is low and i pass my yearly phsyical with flying colors. being 40lbs overweight seems to be the only drawback but there are no cpmlications from that. i wish there was a problem then maybe i would be more motivated to lose the weight. i try again and again but whne your doctor tells you you are perfectly healthy i guess i lose interest
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

No breakfast or coffee, no fast food ever (since May 07). Lunch is usually a cold cut samwich, i rarley have dinner, sometimes a bowl of cereal, and i only drink water, apple, or orange juice.
Frinky is offline   Reply With Quote