Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

I've started eating breakfast again recently and have been pushing my limits, gained 15lbs of muscle weight in the past month.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #12
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't eat breakfast at all during the week, but like to go out for brekkie on the weekend. I don't eat lunch very often either and drink waaay too much coffee during the day and not enough water but working on that. So by the end of the day I'm hungry and we eat pretty well. I love to cook so plenty of healthy home cooked meals and if we do get take away it's usually Thai.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #13
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I rarely (maybe once a month) eat fast food, and I live off Lean Cuisines when my wife and I don't cook the meals ourself, go out to eat, or order in (Eugene's ALL about restaurants.. you can find cuisine from any country here).

I don't drink beer like I did back in my "college 20's", being married and movin' to a different state, away from most of my college and high school buds squashed that, but I still drink during live or televised football games, and at Texas Hold 'Em with buds.. and sometimes after a nice surfing session, though it's an hour's drive from the beach here, so....

I drink probably 2 two-liters of Mtn. Dew a week, since I'm usually up late writing scripts and/or copy... or just putzin' around the house.

I don't "snack".
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #14
DC_Universe_Grl
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Hey Rich,

I wonder if going Gluten Free will help keep your stomach good since you are suppose to watch your wheat intake.
I know my mom has had stomach problems her whole life and recently she went Gluten free and she has never felt better, she lost alot of weight too.
DC_Universe_Grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #15
ansel39
ROT Minister of Truth, Justice, and the Texans Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Salmon and prawns in a cream sauce topped with mashed potato and grilled...yum
how do you grill cream sauce
ansel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #16
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansel39 View Post
how do you grill cream sauce
thats what she wants to know
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #17
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I've tried alot of things but this is what is currently working for me: I eat something small & healthy ever 2 or 3 hours. I start off with a 200 calorie or less protein shake that I drink with a multivitamin, b1, b12, fish oil, garlic & calcium after I get back from the gym. An hour or 2 after that I'll have 1 fruit like a banana or apple or alternate the fruit with natural almonds, pistachios or walnuts (a small handful). Lunch is usually homemade turkey or tuna sandwhich on sandwich thin bread (100 calories) with turkey, tomato and sometimes avocado or olives. I lay off the mayo, mustard relish & cheese most of the time (you have to reward yourself every once in a while). 2 or 3 hours later it could be another protein shake or fruit or nuts. Dinner is usually stir fry with lots of veggies with a little meat added such as ground turkey, shrimp or diced chicken. Desert is fruit, yogurt or cereal. The trick is controlling your carb intake (rice, breads, noodles, potatoes, potatoe chips & corn). I drink alot of water and gave up sugary drinks but have Pepsi Max (zero calorie soda) every once in a while.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #18
Underdog07
Hercules

I eat whatever my body is craving and will tolerate __ generally peperoni pizza. When I am on roids, I eat a lot. Rich - I went from 120ish to 165 in a little over a week last christmas. I ate over 140 pieces of Godiva chocolate. I have been trying to eat a snack or meal of fruits/vegetables. And I eat a lot of avocados.

oh, I also eat a lot of subway subs. easy to get and taste pretty good
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:53 AM   #19
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Absolutely no soda any longer. It's been over 15 months since I've had one. Just wasteful calories and sugar that in most cases keeps my energy down & raises chances for diabetes in the future.

I eat a lot of grilled chicken, fish, whole grain rice, whole wheat pasta, TONS of veggies, Oatmeal, Smart Start, Fiber bars, whole wheat high fiber bagels, Omega 3, LOTS of egg whites, homemade pizza, Omega 3 added Jif Peanut Butter and fruit.

Deserts usually would be lowfat frozen yogurt or some kind of cake that we make at home thats low fat and low sugar.

I drink skim milk, occasional orange juice, LOTS of water and of course Corona Lite.

I'm raising little athletes and if I my wife and I eat bad, then they'll follow suit.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #20
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

For breakfast, I have vegatables and a glass of orange juice

For lunch, I have usually a PB or a turkey sandwich and a piece of fruit

For dinner, usually a meat and potato kind of meal.

Drink water all the time, except I do have a rootbeer every now and then.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote