Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-13-2017, 04:11 AM   #601
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

If PCS announces SKeletor panthor combo set, and apparently Jerry said on facebook that's not off the table, they will sell all he-man battle cat combos and for sure they will sell a lot of skeletor panthor.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:22 PM   #602
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
There must be really a lot of people canceling the BeetleCat

I wonder how many canceled
Not only was halting production of Skeletor a death knell, I'm sure the 2+ years wait for the product (He-Man and Battlecat) played a role as well. Hopefully this will not be the norm moving forward. I'm eager for my combo, but my excitement for this currently pales to what it was. I'll try not to let the "process" stain my enjoyment of it when it arrives.
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:18 AM   #603
Dandoc
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkknight77 View Post
Did anyone else notice you can still buy the EX Battlecat from the PCS website? Looks like a lot of people dropped out of this due to the wait. In fact the EX version is actually cheaper than the regular if you pay in full?
I did notice and then ordered. I even checked with them as I thought it must be a mistake. I ordered the combo last week. Must have been a lot of cancellations.
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:25 AM   #604
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

I notice that there are a number of MOTU-only fans posting here, unaware that almost everything else is also available in stock on the new website.

I'm sure the Skeletor situation led to some cancellations, but don't think that even if it were getting made, that the He-Man sets would be totally sold out. It's a tough market for any statues in general.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:09 PM   #605
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
I notice that there are a number of MOTU-only fans posting here, unaware that almost everything else is also available in stock on the new website.

I'm sure the Skeletor situation led to some cancellations, but don't think that even if it were getting made, that the He-Man sets would be totally sold out. It's a tough market for any statues in general.
Agreed, that and all companies have cancellations that's why a number of them have waitlists. It makes it easier to ensure that the stock that's sold out stays that way.

The fact that PCS hasn't had a waitlist available and has been sitting on money due to cancellations actually makes me wonder how they managed to get as far as they did with many of the lines they have.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #606
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

At least for me, the reappearance of so many long "sold out" pieces has made me less likely to go all out and pay in full for new POs like before.

Finding a klassic Goro in the warehouse gave me the opportunity to re-evaluate things and appreciate what we already have so far in the 1:4 MK klassic line, so it pushed me to keep Kintaro and Shao Kahn. Same with Street Fighter 1/4 MMs.

But it sucks for those who paid aftermarket premiums on the 1:3 ninjas, or had to settle for damaged pieces after replacements supposedly ran out.

They need to be more transparent with their stock... put a low stock indicator, or just tell us exactly how many are left. And maybe reintroduce waitlists for some items.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #607
Dandoc
Birdman

I checked their website around 18 months ago and the combo was sold out. They also said they didn't run a waitlist so I gave up! Didn't think I'd be lucky enough to order it all this time later.

I notice there's also few of the filmation statues available - if He-Man were I'd probably have bought at least him and Skeletor. Tempted by Skeletor but would just be odd without He-Man.
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #608
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
At least for me, the reappearance of so many long "sold out" pieces has made me less likely to go all out and pay in full for new POs like before.

Finding a klassic Goro in the warehouse gave me the opportunity to re-evaluate things and appreciate what we already have so far in the 1:4 MK klassic line, so it pushed me to keep Kintaro and Shao Kahn. Same with Street Fighter 1/4 MMs.

But it sucks for those who paid aftermarket premiums on the 1:3 ninjas, or had to settle for damaged pieces after replacements supposedly ran out.

They need to be more transparent with their stock... put a low stock indicator, or just tell us exactly how many are left. And maybe reintroduce waitlists for some items.
..but nothing builds hype like a fast sellout or nabbing an AP.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #609
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Yeah I think a skeletor announcement would help them unload their heman battlecat stock. Cant wait for this combo. I think though that probably most of the cancellations are due to the wait time. Its been a loooooong time. Back before I even rearranged my furniture...
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:08 AM   #610
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

This comment was left on a post made in the PCS FB group:

"Big surprise coming in Sunday's newsletter. Let's just say new management has listened to the Collectors in this group and are giving you what you asked for."

I think it's safe to say that what we see on Sunday, probably won't be a Skeletor/Panthor set, but atleast we know MOTU as a whole ins't completely off the table yet. There's still a chance guys!
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote