supermegamanx
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Street fighter statue competition

so with prime1 launching their statues, what's going to happen to pcs
supermegamanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:27 AM   #2
Augen
Metal Men

I am unsure how license works, but they could still be able to make Street Fighter statues (I know 1:3 Cammy is being made and still a ways off).

The question is how will fans respond. If PCS sales tank and Prime 1 dominated then PCS will have to go back to the drawing board and make some hard decisions.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #3
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegamanx View Post
so with prime1 launching their statues, what's going to happen to pcs
I like pcs's take on sf more than what I am seeing from prime 1 but pcs has lost so much credibility. their stuff got me into collecting and the new 1:3 sagat (my fav character btw) is a ----ing masterpiece but I would rather burn my money than give it to them and I think theres a lot of collectors out there who feel the same way.
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #4
dao2
Cyclops

What hurts PCS the most is what happened to the rep. P1 has a great reputation but honestly I don't think the statues they showed so far are that good. Ken was pretty nice but they're prob going to be 800+ and IMO not worth it. Nor do I really see them going far into the line, maybe a 2-3 more a-list characters and that's it. SF isn't really that popular, it would probably hurt both companies.

Personally though I'll stick with PCS. A lot of people complain about them redoing the same characters (and it does get old) but they have gone really deep into the line which is something I don't think other companies will do. They also do good statues at decent prices. If P1 does something that really strikes my fancy I'll pick them up, but for me the 3 they've done so far aren't going to be worth the cost. I much rather go for their awesome predator pieces.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:05 PM   #5
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I think P1 having the SF license will have a smaller effect on PCS than you might think as they are in another price range so largely for a different target audience. Also if you have the money to buy 1:4 P1 SF statues personaly I would rather spend it on 1:3 PCS SF statues...PCS just needs to clean their reputation some more by resolving the refund issues and pumping out quality (which they are just look at the new Goro).
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
What hurts PCS the most is what happened to the rep. P1 has a great reputation but honestly I don't think the statues they showed so far are that good. Ken was pretty nice but they're prob going to be 800+ and IMO not worth it. Nor do I really see them going far into the line, maybe a 2-3 more a-list characters and that's it. SF isn't really that popular, it would probably hurt both companies.

Personally though I'll stick with PCS. A lot of people complain about them redoing the same characters (and it does get old) but they have gone really deep into the line which is something I don't think other companies will do. They also do good statues at decent prices. If P1 does something that really strikes my fancy I'll pick them up, but for me the 3 they've done so far aren't going to be worth the cost. I much rather go for their awesome predator pieces.
I agree with you. Price is a key factor here, and not many would be ready to shell $800 out (+ shipping and customs) for a pose PSC has achieved pretty decently for less. Besides, I know they aim at realism, but that's hardly Ryu's face, and I'm fed up with shotos inflation
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:51 PM   #7
MegatronG1
The X-Men

PCS will do alright - they were wise to pick up 80s nostalgia licenses. But I prefer the authenticity and higher production values of P1. I'm glad to finally have a true alternative to PCS. They hurt themselves more than P1 ever will.

As for Ryu's face, man that lifesize Ryu bust sums up PCS. Make everything bigger, but uglier. The only reason I put up with their amateur sculpting was because they were the only game in town, for far too long.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:24 PM   #8
dao2
Cyclops

I didn't like their ryu bust but to say their sculpting is bad is a bit of a disservice imo :| Their Akuma is awesome. The Bison is well done imo, just a terrible pose decision :| I think ryu is well sculpted but just a bad likeness.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #9
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
PCS will do alright - they were wise to pick up 80s nostalgia licenses. But I prefer the authenticity and higher production values of P1. I'm glad to finally have a true alternative to PCS. They hurt themselves more than P1 ever will.

As for Ryu's face, man that lifesize Ryu bust sums up PCS. Make everything bigger, but uglier. The only reason I put up with their amateur sculpting was because they were the only game in town, for far too long.
Ha. Jerry has gotten away with a lot and praised when it wasn't deserved. As a company pcs has to have the biggest collection of the most ugliest pieces out there.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:23 PM   #10
Biggunz
Loki

C1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	120942  
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote