Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-14-2017, 11:13 PM   #201
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
[QUOTE=Silverine;5492991]
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Two things...XM is not SS and vice versa.

Q&A section there was a post about the whole exclusive thing and the reasoning why they have them and it is to generate money so that more statues can be made..QUOTE]
Quote:

Dont get this part, XM does not charge more for EX do they?? so how would they make more money then regular XM statues? or do you say they will put them on Ebay like the flippers?? xD

I am not saying dont make XM Dark Phoenix a con ex, but why all of them just put 400-500 for SG con and the rest for the rest of the peeps. Dont feed the flippers!!
There are no distributors involved so all monies goes directly to XM. That's all it means.

In essence, that is what XM does. They always reserve some for the official PO on XM website, so those that were not able to attend any cons may still be able to get it. You also have to remember, if you are in the approved territories, a prestige member can go to their shop, or order online at anytime even before PO goes up.

Usually, when distributors buy a certain amount of a product to sell, its usually at a discounted rate from the producer because they are buying in bulk. For an exclusive, XM gets 100% more or less of the money, instead of maybe 85% or something like that as an example (just theoretically...I don't know what they actually make, etc.).
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:43 AM   #202
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

[QUOTE=loricstone;5493031]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
[B]

There are no distributors involved so all monies goes directly to XM. That's all it means.

In essence, that is what XM does. They always reserve some for the official PO on XM website, so those that were not able to attend any cons may still be able to get it. You also have to remember, if you are in the approved territories, a prestige member can go to their shop, or order online at anytime even before PO goes up.

Usually, when distributors buy a certain amount of a product to sell, its usually at a discounted rate from the producer because they are buying in bulk. For an exclusive, XM gets 100% more or less of the money, instead of maybe 85% or something like that as an example (just theoretically...I don't know what they actually make, etc.).
thx for clearing that one up
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:12 AM   #203
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

[QUOTE=Silverine;5493068]
Quote:

thx for clearing that one up
All the money goes to XM, that's right but they saved a little amount of pieces for the distributor who spread it to partner. Partner knows that EX are really wanted pieces so they are acting like flippers, that's a fact and then other flippers are doing their job as usual so everyone gets more money... that's the EX business
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:03 AM   #204
Y3E
Gen 13

If you don't get this when PO is up I am sure you will be able to get in on any of the FB forsale clubs, maybe for a little more than retail but there will be some available.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #205
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Thank you for that compliment. Even if you were not referring to my Cable I put up in the Facebook BST that sold in 1 minute, that statement is a compliment.

I could have gotten more but I have never believed in price gouging anyone. And anyone that has bought some of my statues in my collection at one point or other knows that about myself.
Dude you dumped your Cable? It's an iconic piece what happened, or did you have 2 and just selling one off?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:42 PM   #206
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Dude you dumped your Cable? It's an iconic piece what happened, or did you have 2 and just selling one off?
I sold my Cable and Phoenix. Yes they are both phenomenal pieces Phoenix is maybe the second greatest statue I have ever owned, and Cable was amazing...but my collections change frequently.

I was planning on getting the entire XM X-Men line, but realized Transformers and XM Alien and Predator are going to eat up all my money. So along with my absolute favorite characters (Thor, Colossus, Beta Ray Bill) and cosmic characters (Lady Sif, Odin, Loki, etc.) I have to keep my collection at a minimum because TF is going to eat up the space and money. Not to mention the huge Predators (XM and Prime 1) and the super spectacular Alien line from XM, I had to make sacrifices...even though ideally I would like to keep all of my statues. My only keepers for now are Darkness, Thor, Black Bolt and Medusa. I hope XM decides to finish off the rest of the Inhuman characters. That would be a sweet display. I also received Electro yesterday and he is a darn near flawless statue...but I PO him prior to my collecting change...so he will be leaving sometime in the near future.

Sorry for the novel.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:48 PM   #207
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
I sold my Cable and Phoenix. Yes they are both phenomenal pieces Phoenix is maybe the second greatest statue I have ever owned, and Cable was amazing...but my collections change frequently.

I was planning on getting the entire XM X-Men line, but realized Transformers and XM Alien and Predator are going to eat up all my money. So along with my absolute favorite characters (Thor, Colossus, Beta Ray Bill) and cosmic characters (Lady Sif, Odin, Loki, etc.) I have to keep my collection at a minimum because TF is going to eat up the space and money. Not to mention the huge Predators (XM and Prime 1) and the super spectacular Alien line from XM, I had to make sacrifices...even though ideally I would like to keep all of my statues. My only keepers for now are Darkness, Thor, Black Bolt and Medusa. I hope XM decides to finish off the rest of the Inhuman characters. That would be a sweet display. I also received Electro yesterday and he is a darn near flawless statue...but I PO him prior to my collecting change...so he will be leaving sometime in the near future.

Sorry for the novel.
it's really understandable with all the good pieces coming from every where done by great companies, all coming in the same time...

Have you already seen some stuff from the " super spectacular" XM Alien line ? Is this so good ? I'm really impressed by the dog from Prime 1/Coolprops by the way
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:30 AM   #208
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
If you don't get this when PO is up I am sure you will be able to get in on any of the FB forsale clubs, maybe for a little more than retail but there will be some available.
Doubtful.

From what I'm hearing, this is going to be a ----- to acquire given the rumored limitations XM is putting on this piece.

This exclusivity bullsh|t is getting out of hand. Phoenix is going to be another Cable. Out of the 15+ XM pieces that I own, I still don't have Cable or Venom which go for gangbusters now. My contact just couldn't acquire them regardless of how much I spend on XM.

I may end up just quitting XM altogether and sticking with the custom scene (which looks very promising) Prime1, Iron Studios and HMO. Don't have the patience to keep up with this crap anymore.

Seems like XM doesn't give a damn about customer loyalty.

Would've been really nice if they gave priority to big spenders or hell... maybe even the folks that pre-ordered the Xmen/Sentinel Dio.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:40 AM   #209
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Doubtful.

From what I'm hearing, this is going to be a ----- to acquire given the rumored limitations XM is putting on this piece.

This exclusivity bullsh|t is getting out of hand. Phoenix is going to be another Cable. Out of the 15+ XM pieces that I own, I still don't have Cable or Venom which go for gangbusters now. My contact just couldn't acquire them regardless of how much I spend on XM.

I may end up just quitting XM altogether and sticking with the custom scene (which looks very promising) Prime1, Iron Studios and HMO. Don't have the patience to keep up with this crap anymore.

Seems like XM doesn't give a damn about customer loyalty.

Would've been really nice if they gave priority to big spenders or hell... maybe even the folks that pre-ordered the Xmen/Sentinel Dio.
I think with market saturation xm does care very much more than mostly all other companies by making a smaller Es to keep most of these collectible. Unlike ss where mostly all the stuff coming from them can be had for less than retail due to so many being made on those combine Es. I know some don't care about Es. But then again some do. Xm shouldn't become another ss with 1000s being made. Prices is only falling already now with saturation everywhere along with no space nor enough money for the average collectors.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:07 AM   #210
jianmingdan
Doh!

U mean your contact cannot get retail price for you or cant get the statue at a reasonable price? if you are saying getting a piece, there are alot on sales now for cable and venom but at a price you may not willing to pay. i'm sure if you confirm that you are getting any xm piece early, sure can get at good price.
jianmingdan is offline   Reply With Quote