Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-09-2019, 07:31 PM   #1
bullethole
The Avengers

Sideshow broken pieces

So, I ordered the Freddy Kreuger PF a little while ago.
The right leg came out the box detached from the body. I contacted SS support and they sent out a second body . This one had a broken arm. I was surprised at how poorly it was packed with just bubble wrap and brown paper . I just contacted SS again. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience and what the outcome was. Sending me a third body seems a little ridiculous.
bullethole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:55 PM   #2
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

The way they handle a return is they take someone else's return and replace your defective item with theirs. And they'll send the one you sent back to someone else that sent theirs back
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #3
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullethole View Post
So, I ordered the Freddy Kreuger PF a little while ago.
The right leg came out the box detached from the body. I contacted SS support and they sent out a second body . This one had a broken arm. I was surprised at how poorly it was packed with just bubble wrap and brown paper . I just contacted SS again. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience and what the outcome was. Sending me a third body seems a little ridiculous.
Yes, others are reporting this quite a bit recently. They used to only use bags of foam bead fill and bubble wrap. Not sure what this brown paper is all about, but you're not the only one. They need to knock it off asap because that's not going to get items to our door safely.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:58 PM   #4
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
The way they handle a return is they take someone else's return and replace your defective item with theirs. And they'll send the one you sent back to someone else that sent theirs back
Lmao. Pretty much. Glad I'm not the only one that has happened to.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:05 PM   #5
clockwork463
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sideshow has always replaced parts for me with no hassle. They sent me like three head pieces for brown wolverine, sent 3 heads for my Nathan Drake pf, sent me a second prime 1 geralt and these were over paint flaws my OCD can't handle but other companies would probably just tell me to deal with it. So people complain about it but sideshows customer service has always treated me great.
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:06 PM   #6
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Yea i remember going through this with the Sucker Punch Baby Doll statue and they sent me 4 hair pieces and none of them fit the head correctly. I asked for a replacement head and then the hair pieces that fit correctly failed to fit the new head. I ended up just returning the whole thing after 6 attempts.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:22 AM   #7
Breakspear
Fantastic Four

I've only had one broken piece and I was sorted right away.
Breakspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:49 AM   #8
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

My x-force psylocke replacement head was sandwiched in that brown thick packing paper without even putting it in a plastic bag first....so yeah the paint arrived all scratched up....they placed it in an oversized box though.

In the past my replacement parts were either placed in plastic bags or wrapped in bubble wrap before packing in bags filled with tiny circular foam bits....packing foam peanuts....or custom cut spongy foam.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #9
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Pretty much. You will only get b stock from replacements never anything new.

Whenever I receive a damaged piece, I never bother with replacements. Either the damage can be repaired by myself which I will just take like 30 bucks credit from them or I send the whole thing back for a full refund and order a new one from wife account (if it’s exclusive).

Statues rarely get sold out nowadays, if it does happen to a sold out piece I request for full refund and move on, let the next sucker take my damaged repaired return as their replacement.

Life is too short to deal with their replacement wait and bs, and there are too many statues to stress over any single one.....same advise can be applied to dating...
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #10
Biggunz
Loki

This is very true.

Better to just send back and order from a whole different account.

Or you pretty much stay on the screwed list
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote