Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 11-17-2005, 01:00 AM   #1
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Dr. Fate - Helmet of Nabu Replica

Did this replica come out and become impossible to find already?

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:06 AM   #2
Virsago
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton
Did this replica come out and become impossible to find already?

It was never released nor was it ever solicited. DCD said they were working on some logistics on it or something. But I definitely would buy one if it were ever released.
Virsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:10 AM   #3
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Thanks. Thought I missed it somehow. The DC Direct props are real expensive to start (retail I believe on the Helmet was $475.00 US) and I just saw a Kryptonite Prop selling for $700.00 on E-bay.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:44 AM   #4
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

wow awesome, why couldn't marvel produce there replicas like these
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:49 AM   #5
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

We will have to see what Master Replicas comes up with. Wish they had a general Marvel licence rather than just the movies.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:21 PM   #6
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

looks like a quality piece , not my kind of thing though.
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:12 PM   #7
Malottpro
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

HI,
I'm new here. I am the sculptor that made this prop. I figured I would post since it was mentioned. Just like you I am hoping that this will still be released.
Alex Ross did the design for it and I sculpted it. It consist of Dr. Fate's Helmet and Amulet w/chain and the Base and stand. The stand that holds the helmet is an anhk but you can't tell from the pix.
The picture posted here was taken at SDCC 2004. I sculpted this piece 2 years ago.
I wish I knew when or if this will be produced. It will really be a shame if this never comes out. At the time there was discussion of doing a whole line of props based on DC's universe they were calling it Planet Krypton, based on Kingdom Come. I believe they released a set of Green Lantern's rings under this line.
Anyway, I'm glad that you guys like it.

Larry

Malottpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #8
Jesse321
Galactus

Larry, I hope they do release it eventualy .. expensive or not, I would definately buy one.

Was it going to be made of metal, resin or injection molded high density plastic?
This piece would be great to make a Halloween costume from!
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:22 PM   #9
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malottpro
HI,
I'm new here. I am the sculptor that made this prop. I figured I would post since it was mentioned. Just like you I am hoping that this will still be released.
Alex Ross did the design for it and I sculpted it. It consist of Dr. Fate's Helmet and Amulet w/chain and the Base and stand. The stand that holds the helmet is an anhk but you can't tell from the pix.
The picture posted here was taken at SDCC 2004. I sculpted this piece 2 years ago.
I wish I knew when or if this will be produced. It will really be a shame if this never comes out. At the time there was discussion of doing a whole line of props based on DC's universe they were calling it Planet Krypton, based on Kingdom Come. I believe they released a set of Green Lantern's rings under this line.

Larry
Welcome to the asylum Larry I hope the helmet will be released it`s a very good sculpt and I would love to add it to my collection.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:32 PM   #10
daredevil2710
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malottpro
HI,

Larry

Great job!! what s the scale?
daredevil2710 is offline   Reply With Quote