Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-31-2022, 07:29 AM   #411
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
My guess is that the original costume is losing its luster a little bit and that collectors are liking the more modern look of Harley. Just a guess though.
Or people could just be sick to death of yet another Harley Quinn statue, regardless of her outfit. Couple this with the rising costs of collecting, there is no need for the majority of collectors to have multiples and multiples of the same character.

As for myself, the original costume is my favorite. And I have waited years for a version of it that struck me as a must have - this statue is it. Her face is lovely, the pose is fun, and the 1/6 scale is perfect. I had Harley with the jet pack but sold her because I didn't like it as much as this.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 08:35 AM   #412
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

This one ticks the boxes for me too as its 1/4, classic costume, and looks great. The only other harley I have is the OG PF, and I don't think I'll be selling her
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:17 AM   #413
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Or people could just be sick to death of yet another Harley Quinn statue, regardless of her outfit. Couple this with the rising costs of collecting, there is no need for the majority of collectors to have multiples and multiples of the same character.

As for myself, the original costume is my favorite. And I have waited years for a version of it that struck me as a must have - this statue is it. Her face is lovely, the pose is fun, and the 1/6 scale is perfect. I had Harley with the jet pack but sold her because I didn't like it as much as this.
Definitely makes sense too.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 01:21 PM   #414
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just watched the 1:4 scale production sample review video. It looks great. Love the two portraits. It is a beautiful piece. Classic HQ is always my fav. I don't really care for the movie version one.

The only issue I have with it is the height of the base. I find it a little too tall. I know many collectors like big tall bases but it is not my preference. I would remove the middle green block to lower the height of the base and perhaps make the blocks slightly larger so that they would have a greater visual presence.

With the way it is now, Harley looks a bit like a circus performer doing a balancing act on those small blocks. By removing the middle block and make the rest larger, it will also eliminate that kindergarten-like look and feel to the base which I dislike. I think TH has taken the playfulness a little too far.

Having said that, the statue of Harley itself looks gorgeous. It captures perfectly the essence of HQ.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 01:35 PM   #415
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKE1_Ju_Z1E
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 04:16 PM   #416
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I think it needs the height, as other statues would be towering above her otherwise

I dunno, I thought I'd be more hyped after watching this video. Maybe with better lighting and camera it will look better to me. She doesn't look bad, I'm just not excited for it
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 04:45 PM   #417
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I think it needs the height, as other statues would be towering above her otherwise

I dunno, I thought I'd be more hyped after watching this video. Maybe with better lighting and camera it will look better to me. She doesn't look bad, I'm just not excited for it
I think the camera/lighting aren't the best, but I kind of agree...not wowed by it, but a good looking piece. Some of the details on the base are great.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 05:55 PM   #418
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I was on the fence for that one. Seeing her besides the Sideshow Harley makes it a pass.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 09:48 AM   #419
SDguy

Reds (her costume) and yellows (her hair) are notoriously difficult to photograph/film, so that may contribute.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 10:22 AM   #420
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I may get the hair repainted to a more platinum blonde. I hate this marigold color statue companies seem to keep using to represent blonde.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote