Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2022, 09:06 PM   #531
extracomputer.1
The X-Men
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Size discrepancies are apparent even as protos. I think part of the problem is that Diamond makes the protos first and then decides whether to make them PVC (Gallery) or resin (Premier).

Unfortunately, this means that some PVC statues (Emma Frost and Storm) end up as 1/7 scale, while some of the resin statues end up 1/8 scale (Bishop).
Yes I noticed that the bishop picture you posted above actually listed it as a gallery piece (even the box he comes in says he is 16? but is actually only 12?). Looks nice but glad I waited to get him at $159 as I would have returned him at the $250 price he came out at.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 09:17 PM   #532
Gothamite
Phoenix
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 12,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Yes I noticed that the bishop picture you posted above actually listed it as a gallery piece (even the box he comes in says he is 16? but is actually only 12?). Looks nice but glad I waited to get him at $159 as I would have returned him at the $250 price he came out at.
Statues sometimes differ in the same line. Live-action Black Manta is 1/8 vs 1/7 for live-action Aquaman and Ocean Master.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 12:55 AM   #533
Andres
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Central America
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Size discrepancies are apparent even as protos. I think part of the problem is that Diamond makes the protos first and then decides whether to make them PVC (Gallery) or resin (Premier).

Unfortunately, this means that some PVC statues (Emma Frost and Storm) end up as 1/7 scale, while some of the resin statues end up 1/8 scale (Bishop).
I agree, I have Emma next to my Kotos Fine Art and she looks great with them, that's why I'm interested in Gwen, since I want her to go with my Kotos and Premier pieces

But man, I really hate what happened with Bishop :/
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 01:07 AM   #534
Gothamite
Phoenix
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 12,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres View Post
I agree, I have Emma next to my Kotos Fine Art and she looks great with them, that's why I'm interested in Gwen, since I want her to go with my Kotos and Premier pieces
Ghost Spider is 1/8 scale, she's going to look tiny next to Emma Frost.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:52 AM   #535
extracomputer.1
The X-Men
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,018
Been pretty quiet lately zac. Anything happening with this or the gi Joe line?
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:23 PM   #536
Gothamite
Phoenix
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 12,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Been pretty quiet lately zac. Anything happening with this or the gi Joe line?
Everyone's waiting for New York Comic Con at this point.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:50 PM   #537
DSTZach
Distributor
 
DSTZach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 476
I've been here! And we've been offering a new Marvel Gallery every month! This month there was no comic-based Gallery, just Moon Knight MCU, but Electro is up next (should be at NYCC), and a repaint of Thor just hit the Disney Store:
https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/bl...-disney-store/
GI Joe, I think Storm Shadow is next, I could be wrong. I'll update the other thread.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:31 PM   #538
extracomputer.1
The X-Men
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
I've been here! And we've been offering a new Marvel Gallery every month! This month there was no comic-based Gallery, just Moon Knight MCU, but Electro is up next (should be at NYCC), and a repaint of Thor just hit the Disney Store:
https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/bl...-disney-store/
GI Joe, I think Storm Shadow is next, I could be wrong. I'll update the other thread.
makes sense...was hoping you would get one that pcs hadn't done already since they only did a handful of joes. Interested in seeing Electro. Think a Sandman would sell great if in the classic green and black shirt and of course The Shocker. Haven't seen anyone do the classic Apocalypse from 90's cartoon yet. Obviously there are several more but trying to think of ones that would be the heavy sellers first.

thanks Zac for doing a great job of keeping us informed. I know were not always the most pleasant to deal with. Collectors are a funny crowd.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 04:27 PM   #539
DSTZach
Distributor
 
DSTZach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 476
I think we want to finish the Sinister Six, so a Sandman is inevitable. We've done Mysterio, Electro, Doc Ock, Kraven, and Vulture, so he's the last of the OGs. If we DON'T make him, you can always sub in Green Goblin or Venom.

Not sure if an Apocalypse Gallery is in the offering any time soon. Between the Select action figure and the Premier Collection statue, we're pretty Apoc'd up. But we do have that line of X-Men Animated busts, so Apoc would be good for that, as well.

I am not a fan of the PCS Joe stuff I've seen, but we gotta do the big guys. Scarlett may come after Storm Shadow, and there are a few more in the works. Not sure which were done by PCS, to be honest.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 11:24 PM   #540
extracomputer.1
The X-Men
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
I think we want to finish the Sinister Six, so a Sandman is inevitable. We've done Mysterio, Electro, Doc Ock, Kraven, and Vulture, so he's the last of the OGs. If we DON'T make him, you can always sub in Green Goblin or Venom.

Not sure if an Apocalypse Gallery is in the offering any time soon. Between the Select action figure and the Premier Collection statue, we're pretty Apoc'd up. But we do have that line of X-Men Animated busts, so Apoc would be good for that, as well.

I am not a fan of the PCS Joe stuff I've seen, but we gotta do the big guys. Scarlett may come after Storm Shadow, and there are a few more in the works. Not sure which were done by PCS, to be honest.
Other than the ?no apocalypse from cartoon series? this all sounds like great news. I have swapped out two of my PCs joes for yours as diamonds looked better. Pcs did same as you so far except they also had cobra and serpentor. Thanks for all the info. Looking forward to seeing some of these.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com