Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-02-2020, 09:45 PM   #21
stevo84
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Beautiful post! Thank you so much =)

Just another question - how do you replace the glass in the sliding doors with the acrylic sheets you bought? Do you have to break the sliding doors open and reseal/reglue them back together, or is there already a way to slide out the glass that comes with it?

Thanks again!
From what i can see the frame doesn't come with glass?
stevo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:54 PM   #22
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

^^^

Why would anyone sell you a sliding door frame if it didn't have any glass or paneling in it? Even still, if it didn't have any glass or paneling in it, how hard/easy is it to insert your own acrylic sheets into it?
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:55 PM   #23
stevo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
^^^

Why would anyone sell you a sliding door frame if it didn't have any glass or paneling in it? Even still, if it didn't have any glass or paneling in it, how hard/easy is it to insert your own acrylic sheets into it?
Its called Ikea its how they do things
Old 03-02-2020, 09:56 PM   #24
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The sliding doors are just frames. They come disassembled and don’t include any glass. It’s easy to just assemble them around the acrylic sheet. Just put them on the edges and screw them together.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:05 PM   #25
DiscoCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
The sliding doors are just frames. They come disassembled and don’t include any glass. It’s easy to just assemble them around the acrylic sheet. Just put them on the edges and screw them together.
Ahh! The pics on Ikea's website make it look like there's already some kind of non-see-through panel, so I assumed it had to be removed before we could place the new acrylic one inside. Good to know =)

Thanks again!
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:29 PM   #26
stevo84

Quote:
Just out of curiosity i noticed in your pax you have hush superman but the base seems to be missing the angels? are they just out of sight in the pic or don't they fit in the PAX?.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:23 AM   #27
haljordan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo84 View Post
Just out of curiosity i noticed in your pax you have hush superman but the base seems to be missing the angels? are they just out of sight in the pic or don't they fit in the PAX?.
I just didn’t bother attaching them since I was displaying the Superman logo side.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:50 PM   #28
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Yeah they’re the Norrfly lights. It’s all linked in that post above.
what width light did you use? i didnt see it listed in the linked thread unless i missed it. looks like you have a good blend of coverage without being overpowering
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:58 AM   #29
haljordan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
what width light did you use? i didnt see it listed in the linked thread unless i missed it. looks like you have a good blend of coverage without being overpowering
I just used the widest ones that would fit. The shelves are 39" so I bought the 36" lights.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:20 PM   #30
SONICobra
Batman

very cool, thanks for your help!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote