Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #1
risingstar
Jedi Order

Iron Studios - Harley Quinn 1/3 scale - Pics and Review

Iron Studios - Harley Quinn 1/3 scale statue
Three portraits, light-up base, 26 inches tall, ES of 450.

Brief review: I think this one came out nicely. The jester portrait is clearly the display winner, though the helmeted portrait is a decent alternative display option too. The third portrait option was taken out for pics only then placed back in the box. Let's just all remain in polite denial with regards to that third portrait and move on.

I really like the sinister expression on Harley's face as it's a nice departure from the more playful Harley we typically see in statue format. The modern-look helmeted portrait exudes a precocious sex appeal which works quite well. It's actually growing on me.

The overall paint apps are more than adequate though you might find an issue or two if you look very closely. Everything fits well, no magnet or peg-fitting issues, and the lighting fixtures surrounding the base work well (and look really cool too). That statue is also light enough to move around without having to disassemble it as well.

Harley should display well with P1 1/3 scale statues though you might initially feel like it may be a tiny bit off scale (i.e., smaller), but it's not to the point where it's really noticeable. It may also be in my imagination as women characters are typically shorter in height.

For some reason, IS did not include assembly instructions which means you will have to figure out how to assemble 20+ pieces on your own so prepare for some trial and error. Overall, I would give this statue a solid 8.5/10. I'm happy with it. IMO, this is the best 1/3 scale offering of this particular Harley Quinn incarnation.

Feel free to ask any questions below and I will do my best to answer.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #2
risingstar
Jedi Order

The third portrait.

Old 04-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #3
risingstar
Jedi Order

Old 04-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #4
risingstar
Jedi Order

Old 04-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #5
risingstar
Jedi Order

Scale shot

Old 04-30-2022, 05:27 PM   #6
risingstar
Jedi Order

res 5
Old 04-30-2022, 07:16 PM   #7
ukshaun
Hercules

As great as the statue looks (bar the one dodgy portrait) it appears to be on the small side of 1/3 as compared to other Prime 1 pieces,
the Prime 1 Poison Ivy came up small by Prime 1 standards.

When you take the price and the amount of stuff going on and the epic paint job, the price seems good when compared to a PCS 1/3 scale statue, which cost more and look way more basic.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 07:50 PM   #8
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
As great as the statue looks (bar the one dodgy portrait) it appears to be on the small side of 1/3 as compared to other Prime 1 pieces,
the Prime 1 Poison Ivy came up small by Prime 1 standards.

When you take the price and the amount of stuff going on and the epic paint job, the price seems good when compared to a PCS 1/3 scale statue, which cost more and look way more basic.
I was going to say the same thing. While the Hush Ivy statue is a space hog, the actual figure was relatively tiny in comparison to other Prime 1 statues.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:38 PM   #9
risingstar
Jedi Order

I initially felt the same way. Harley may look smaller in scale but her legs are bent. Also, in the comics, Poison Ivy is taller than Harley by 5 inches or so. All this to say, I think these display rather well together. For whatever reason, companies seem intent on focusing on the non-jester Harley so this is the best out there (so far).

Also, is it just me or is the winking Harley portrait totally overused?
Old 05-02-2022, 10:20 AM   #10
SDguy

Overall not bad. The jester hat portrait came out nice. I'd never use the others. Her body/pose is still too contorted looking for me, but that may be the flattening effect of a 2D pic. They also went too heavy/clunky with the armor on her lower legs/shins. Is she a hockey goalie? . Paint looks pretty good.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote