Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-26-2022, 06:09 PM   #41
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I would like to see Gandalf standing on that smaller and simpler base.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 06:24 PM   #42
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidmit One View Post
I personally feel like P1 dropped the ball here with their Gandalf. This was the statue from their LOTR line I was most excited for. We just got the Gandalf vs. Balrog statue and now this is just a 1/4 scale of that exact same Gandalf? Then we got a gigantic Balrog bustand now we get basically the same one turned on its side and used as a base?
Quote:
You should go look at QS's Balrog bust that dropped this year, then this base will be pretty funny to you lol. QS also just did a Gandalf in the Mines from this exact same scene, but they actually decided to use an iconic pose from the movie
Quote:
terrible choices all around lmao. you are right though, that pose looks pretty bad on the 1/2 scale. was surprised to see a 1/2 scale that comes with the face partially obscured.
Mate.....you're not doing well when it comes to linking products to the companies that make them.

Next you'll be explaining to us how great Queen Studios Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman is compared to JND's version
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:41 PM   #43
Bottled_Water
Birdman

I'm in the "base is too large" camp. What irks me the most about it is Gandalf's footing, as he's not really standing on the Balrog itself, but a platform that the head is protruding out of. Obviously Gandalf vs the Balrog is an iconic scene, but I would have preferred something simpler, like him reading the last entry of the dwarves before fighting the cave troll. Then again, the LotR line is largely made up of action poses, so maybe he would look out of place just standing there.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 05:09 PM   #44
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The base makes this an EPIC and compact diorama. If you're just looking for Gandalf, buy the regular with smaller base. Maybe some folks don't know they teased 2 versions?

I'm just sweating the price...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:09 PM   #45
Thor Odinson
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It's about time Prime 1 did a Gandalf that wasn't super small. When are we getting a Gandalf the White?
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 07:48 PM   #46
Aidmit One
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Mate.....you're not doing well when it comes to linking products to the companies that make them.

Next you'll be explaining to us how great Queen Studios Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman is compared to JND's version
LOL! hope your day got better bro!
Aidmit One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:16 PM   #47
Blade3327
Nightwing

Don't like the Balrog base. Too big and nonsensical (why is Gandalf standing on a cloud of smoke?), not to mention the elemental effects look tacky. Fire is always tricky to pull off, but companies can get away with it by using a small amount. Here we get a wall of flames.

And if I'm being honest, the smoke on which Gandalf stands looks like intestines... or poop.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:40 AM   #48
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Don't like the Balrog base. Too big and nonsensical (why is Gandalf standing on a cloud of smoke?), not to mention the elemental effects look tacky. Fire is always tricky to pull off, but companies can get away with it by using a small amount. Here we get a wall of flames.

And if I'm being honest, the smoke on which Gandalf stands looks like intestines... or poop.
Offering my counter opinion.

Base offers a diorama, makes complete sense. A homage to one of the most memorable scenes in the movie to many including myself. "You shall not pass."

Why smoke? Where there is fire there is usually smoke. Balrog is on fire.

Wall of flame? As in the top of the Balrog's head? Looks amazing and has LED. Sweet.

Intestines? Don't see that. Poop. Nope. But I do know what looks like poop.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:40 AM   #49
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 11:56 AM   #50
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

don't like the big base at all. I didn't realize the staff doesn't light up :/
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote