Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-26-2020, 09:37 AM   #11
SDguy

Maybe I misunderstood Chad's (and others') comments, but I didn't think this was as much about broadening the possible characters that could be made (were they wanting for more? I thought the pipeline/wishlist was overflowing already based on confirmed/teased characters....) as it was about the style of the character/costume, with modifications to appeal to a broader audience, while still keeping the purists happy.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:37 PM   #12
built2shred
Phoenix

This is my take on it...

Sales of the Super Powers line is not strong enough to keep the line going by itself. So by dropping the Super Powers label he can now add some modern looking statues to the mix to help increase sales while still making classic costume characters also...

I'm guessing the more detailed modern statues will probably cost in the $300-$400 range... much like Joker and Harley did... As long as the statues look killer I don't mind spending the extra money for them... I'm guessing Ivy will be around $350 with her plant chair... Of course I'm only speculating...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:35 PM   #13
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Cool, maybe this means they can make Bane and Red Hood.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:20 PM   #14
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I hope this doesn't mean we will be bombarded with different versions of characters like batman, superman etc...It kind of seem like the line is heading that way...
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:13 PM   #15
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think unfortunately many companies are just doing multiple versions of the same characters because those characters will sell so I am sure we will see some more Batman coming out and possibly a few more Superman coming out as well.

I think like what has been echoed on here if we can still get some classic versions of characters that would be good and it doesn’t sound like Chad is planning on changing that

Though I do think he does need to speak up to say exactly what the plans are and stuff like that so I don’t know if he’s posted anything other than like quick blurbs on Facebook but the video might be nice or even a lengthy post on here
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:08 PM   #16
craigcliff1
Zot

so anyone think Chad going to release any of these
WT
Bizarro
Krtpto
SW
Samurai
the others
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:12 PM   #17
craigcliff1
Zot

I know the owner of PCS he stated to me that with license fees, shipping, production, their isn't much money in most characters anymore. he stated can't make GI Joe SE he would have to pay money to make that statue

Chad may toss out most those statues he has sculpted
Old 07-26-2020, 07:53 PM   #18
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
I know the owner of PCS he stated to me that with license fees, shipping, production, their isn't much money in most characters anymore. he stated can't make GI SE he would have to pay money to do that.

Chad may toss out most those statues he has sculpted
I was also thinking that a lot of the C&D level characters will just never get made even if he really wants to make them but they just might not sell enough

Maybe in order to even produce some of the beat level characters he would have to do more Batman or Superman or Harley Quinn etc. in order to offset the cost of doing a lower tier character
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:33 PM   #19
craigcliff1
Zot

IA I think tossed a boat load of their scilpts and wont make them.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:49 PM   #20
SDguy

At this point I am over all the speculation, and just want to hear, from Chad, what Chad has planned.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote