Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-27-2020, 01:21 AM   #31
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
GL bats might, who know's

I was thinking tihis a while ago when Chad said he may not make a bunch of these statues he has sculpted, that may just bail on SP line
I do remember he was mentioning that in a video but I remembered that it was around the same time the Superman cape thing happened and the Wonder Woman neck seem and a lot of people were not getting their refunds and people were just letting it all out and complaining about it. He did say he was thinking about folding up shop with this but then had a change of heart and pressed forward but he also did say that if there weren’t enough orders for a statue for it to be profitable for him he would cancel the orders which is something you cannot blame the guy for.

And if you look at his website the last statue that is listed as a SuperPowers line statue is Batgirl.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 01:29 AM   #32
craigcliff1
Zot

Those scum I get they were upset but Chad is a nice dude not like he was scamming them, I remember him saying that he wanted to just bail. I asked Ant from PCS why does he bother he didn't know why i would think he got to try and get what he paid for PCS and what jerry took. I think he dosen't like this industry much

as i wrote i think
Bizarro
Krypto
SW
Samurai
WT
and who know how many others wont get made
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #33
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I don't think Chad really knows, I image he needs to play it a bit loose in order to see what sells and what doesn't...

With so many companies making statues and with the world economy in the toilet it's a scary world out there for luxury items like statues... Make a niche character and you might end up eating all the costs from poor sales...

With some much competition you really need to make something that really stands out...
Of course I am not expecting a detailed 5 year plan, laid out character by character. But lets just get something from him, instead of speculative posts like "this line is dead"....
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:13 AM   #34
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I was also thinking that a lot of the C&D level characters will just never get made even if he really wants to make them but they just might not sell enough

Maybe in order to even produce some of the beat level characters he would have to do more Batman or Superman or Harley Quinn etc. in order to offset the cost of doing a lower tier character
Yes.

I still have hope that some B and C will get made, even in an limited exclusive. Fingers crossed. I know a certain purple lantern would be a lovely addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
At this point I am over all the speculation, and just want to hear, from Chad, what Chad has planned.
I think wrap up of the SDCC and large shipping finishing touches and then we will get a video. Not sure if there will be a detailed mapping since so many people had mentioned that he mentions things he wants to do then peeps get excited and think it's gonna be released in a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I don't think Chad really knows, I image he needs to play it a bit loose in order to see what sells and what doesn't...

With so many companies making statues and with the world economy in the toilet it's a scary world out there for luxury items like statues... Make a niche character and you might end up eating all the costs from poor sales...

With some much competition you really need to make something that really stands out...
Yes. That is on a lot of companies minds. However, in a market that is glutted with the big superhero names, I feel collectors will start looking for out of the box figures. Look at the well designed original statues SS showed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Makes me wonder how much Sideshow is thinking about that as well.
I'm sure any company making statues is assessing what sells and what's DOA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Another problem is the people just asking for Flash and Aquaman but no other JL members will probably stop collecting the line after that or just collect Batman related pieces. It’s been the same with Sideshow’s DC line.
Being that they are big players in the JL line up and with so many companies doing versions of them, it reall boils down to finding the right pose that is not derivative. you do a running flash and everybody says, oh look another running pose. Museum pose, oh the costume looks great but the pose is so boring. It's a fine line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Down for them to expand and extend, would like to see maybe see switch out heads have a modern take, kind of like what they did with the EX WW torso.

More options the better.

Just hope they can deliver me a Flash, Aquaman and Nightwing.
Nightwing's ass is legit gonna break the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
I'm all in for other options and versions of characters, but I hope that the line we initially got excited for doesn't fall by the wayside and the releases become very spaced out.
Timing is essential. Tons of companies out there and collectors are limited just like their finances.

Quote:
I think Chad wont do much more from this line he stated he
sculpted many Brainiacs and he didn't like them, thoght they were something collectrs woudn't get, also most don't like this stuff. Statues, shipping, taxes, statue glut, how do any companies sell stuff anymore
I know international buyers have been dealing with taxes on their statues forever but it is a shock for most US collectors. I definitely think twice about purchase once you factor in the tax and shipping on big items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
Most collectors only want Batman. This line as it started is dead. It's over.
One door closes and another opens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Well, if the Gaslight Batman won’t ever be made then I hope at least a classic Deathstroke (Perez or Zeck) will make the cut soon.
When Deathstroke gets done, I think the only costume will be the perez one.

Quote:
GL bats might, who know's

I was thinking tihis a while ago when Chad said he may not make a bunch of these statues he has sculpted, that may just bail on SP line
I must say it was a perfect storm that caused a reevaluation of how businesses solicit. The spread of COVID was and is quite an eye opener on the fragility of the economy and ecology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I do remember he was mentioning that in a video but I remembered that it was around the same time the Superman cape thing happened and the Wonder Woman neck seem and a lot of people were not getting their refunds and people were just letting it all out and complaining about it. He did say he was thinking about folding up shop with this but then had a change of heart and pressed forward but he also did say that if there weren’t enough orders for a statue for it to be profitable for him he would cancel the orders which is something you cannot blame the guy for.

And if you look at his website the last statue that is listed as a SuperPowers line statue is Batgirl.
Lots of mediation and a retreat helped re-center him.

Quote:
Those scum I get they were upset but Chad is a nice dude not like he was scamming them, I remember him saying that he wanted to just bail. I asked Ant from PCS why does he bother he didn't know why i would think he got to try and get what he paid for PCS and what jerry took. I think he dosen't like this industry much

as i wrote i think
Bizarro
Krypto
SW
Samurai
WT
and who know how many others wont get made
He is absolutely honest and not a scammer. Some people phrase things in such a way to make it seem like he is absent or has taken their deposits and run away to live on an island. Not the case. We on the forums and on other social media only hear what we are inquiring about. There are others that don't belong on here that also are making inquiries, suggestions, and just plain want to talk and say thank you by email and it's a lot of work. It's tough sometimes to balance and make every one happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Of course I am not expecting a detailed 5 year plan, laid out character by character. But lets just get something from him, instead of speculative posts like "this line is dead"....
License is three years so you won't get a five year plan
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:22 AM   #35
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
License is three years so you won't get a five year plan
LOL, touché.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:48 PM   #36
FJC
Midnighter

Whatever changes are being made or are coming....a classic Perez Deathstroke is an absolute MUST! There can be no substitute.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:09 PM   #37
mmk123

The more I think about it I do kind of like the fact that Chad is now going to expand to other DC characters other than from the way they looked during a certain Time period

I wonder if this
Will be called something like DC Super Star or something like that.

I almost wish though that whenever a character is done from How they looked from 1976 to 1985 where he was concentrating on the SuperPowers character that those statues would still continue with the SuperPowers line but we would see DC characters from other areas done in between release of SuperPowers statues
Old 07-29-2020, 10:06 AM   #38
Augen
Metal Men

Can I alone subsidize a Tweeterhead Power Girl or Big Barda statue?

Probably not. :/
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:11 AM   #39
mmk123

I can definitely see a Power Girl statue happening.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:23 AM   #40
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Can I alone subsidize a Tweeterhead Power Girl or Big Barda statue?

Probably not. :/
I'd help out with both of those.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote