Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #4991
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Wow! I wonder if we got it here on BD because of the Aussie connection? (O'Barr and Director Alex Proyas)

If you guys have multi region players and want me to pick it up lmk Moody as a mofo in HD...
Really appreciate the offer Rod but unfortunately my PS3 is not region free.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #4992
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Love the props this one is getting today!! Cracking movie!
I'm going to have to re-watch this movie, I remember seeing it years ago, and not really thinking much of it. I am either in the minority, or I just connect with it when I saw it. This is the one with Antonio Banderas, right?
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #4993
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I'm going to have to re-watch this movie, I remember seeing it years ago, and not really thinking much of it. I am either in the minority, or I just connect with it when I saw it. This is the one with Antonio Banderas, right?
Yes it is. Give it another chance Tony. I honestly can't see you not liking it as our tastes seem to pretty much mirror one another's and this is one of my very favorite films.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #4994
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Yeah he's the "star" but it is a great movie IMO. Creighton said he based the book (Eaters of the Dead) on Beowulf and even though it is hard for me to see Beowulf in this movie I still think it is one of the best of the genre.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #4995
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Jackass 3 - 6.5/10

Good mindless entertainment. Plenty of LOL moments. If you liked the first 2 you should like this otherwise avoid. Be advised its VERY gross and hard to watch at times.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #4996
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Jackass 3 - 6.5/10

Good mindless entertainment. Plenty of LOL moments. If you liked the first 2 you should like this otherwise avoid. Be advised its VERY gross and hard to watch at times.
Oh, for a minute there I thought you were talking about "Sex in the City 2"
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #4997
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yes it is. Give it another chance Tony. I honestly can't see you not liking it as our tastes seem to pretty much mirror one another's and this is one of my very favorite films.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Yeah he's the "star" but it is a great movie IMO. Creighton said he based the book (Eaters of the Dead) on Beowulf and even though it is hard for me to see Beowulf in this movie I still think it is one of the best of the genre.
I will absolutely give it another shot. I don't really remember it very clearly, and that usually tells me I didn't care for it that much, that and the fact I didn't buy it.

Sometimes I wonder how many movies I've watched, that I've "missed out" on. Either due to the age I saw them at, or the circumstances I saw them under. Sometimes I've consciously disliked or dismissed movies, usually I wasn't into it at the moment I saw it, then upon re-visiting it I had a completely different take on it. This could be one of those times.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #4998
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bods View Post
The Ladykillers 10/10
The Red Shoes 10/10
Repulsion 10/10
great British comedy, the most gorgeous film from Hollywood yesteryear, and Polanski at his best...all back to back at the cinema...oh yeah.
I watched Repulsion on blu-ray on a projector recently. Fantastic!

I also have The Red Shoes on blu-ray, but haven't watched it yet. I'm waiting until I can get access to my dad's projector again. Seeing movies on blu-ray in that format is just like being in the cinema!
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #4999
ParisDean

Copie conforme / Certified Copy (2010) - After meeting one afternoon in Tuscany, a British writer and a French art dealer (Juliette Binoche) are mistaken for a married couple. They continue to pretend to be married for the rest of the day, but are they really pretending?

I liked the way it was filmed with long close ups of the actors' faces and interesting framing of other scenes. I'd definitely watch it again. It's extremely dialogue heavy naturally so if you get bored easily with talky films then this isn't for you. 8/10
Old 03-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #5000
ParisDean

Quote:
It's disgraceful. I think Walking Dead starts on Foxtel next month? I agree mate, if we can get movies released in cinemas here BEFORE the US (case in point the upcoming Thor) then why can't we have same day retail releases across the board??
The trade off is you guys have SBS! If I lived in Australia, I'd be watching cool art films on that channel (for free!) every night!