Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-15-2020, 12:06 PM   #51
dao2
Cyclops

Water slides are decals aren't they? The full name being water slide decals?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:03 PM   #52
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Water slides are decals aren't they? The full name being water slide decals?
Not the same. When people hear decals they think stickers. Water slides we use are cured into the castings, painted using the layout out from the water slide, and then sealed again like all painted statues. Hope that helps.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:56 PM   #53
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
Not the same. When people hear decals they think stickers. Water slides we use are cured into the castings, painted using the layout out from the water slide, and then sealed again like all painted statues. Hope that helps.
interesting. Thanks for that clarification as I have been very concerned about these lasting (and fading) especially since it looks like inkjet printed stuff (done very well this isn't a knock on product). I was guessing ink not paint the way it looks and didn't realize they were sealed again. that should help a lot.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:24 AM   #54
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

as can be seen from previous comments I was very skeptical on this process. While i am not impressed with the small optimus (the first one this process was tried on) they have since improved drastically. My soundwave looks great and the 3 jets are virtually perfect. I have never gotten a statue with this small amount of imperfections from any company. awesome job and they are some of my favorite statues now.
that being said....is this guy on schedule? haven't heard anything in awhile or seen any actual final product shots. I see he is scheduled for this month thru the next 2 months as a release date.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:51 PM   #55
rga321
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
as can be seen from previous comments I was very skeptical on this process. While i am not impressed with the small optimus (the first one this process was tried on) they have since improved drastically. My soundwave looks great and the 3 jets are virtually perfect. I have never gotten a statue with this small amount of imperfections from any company. awesome job and they are some of my favorite statues now.
that being said....is this guy on schedule? haven't heard anything in awhile or seen any actual final product shots. I see he is scheduled for this month thru the next 2 months as a release date.
Good question as the jets also have me focused on this line as well.

Disappointed another Dinobot hasn't gone up yet which means Grimlock will be lonely for a long time. I would think releasing these a few months apart would keep the momentum and interest going in getting all the Dinobots.
rga321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:52 PM   #56
craigcliff1
Zot

I would think once Devy is shown Slag, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop should show
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:55 PM   #57
extracomputer.1

Be interesting to see how they do swoop. Especially if he is flying...how?
Old 09-10-2020, 12:09 AM   #58
craigcliff1
Zot

yes thats what I though when they showed the art
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 11:36 AM   #59
extracomputer.1

PCS Transformers

already have this guy on preorder. I posted this in a couple pcs places on here in case anyone was just following one thread. The link at bottom shows some comparison pics with my IA statues.
I got the jets and they are AWESOME! My favorite statues now. I like these alot more than my IA transformers. They are just as big with less flaws. I was skeptical on the process at first but after getting them all I can say is wow. They look like they just came right out of my tv. I talked with them a little about the paint process and they actually bake the slides on then coat them afterwards for protection. They were still learning this process when doing little prime (not impressed) but wow have they perfected it now. These are not even comparible in looks. Little soundwave looks good also but these jets are just crazy awesome. I have now preordered prime and megatron. IA prime is going to get moved to the basement. These are that good. for some pics of my jets see link below. I took pictures of them next to my IA transformers for size comparisons and the looks of these just pop right out. LOC Jazz turns into an ankle biter.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=1#post5887862
Old 09-23-2020, 03:48 AM   #60
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Any updates on Grimlock? Popcultcha has him due September 2020 so hopefully he's not far away.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote