Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #111
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Black Mask being gay doesn't bother me in the slightest.
It should. This is why it continues to happen, ppl dont care and if comic fans like yourself dont care then entertainment as we know it is over. Stand up man!

Cant let them retcon characters for nothing more than virtue signaling, pandering brings nothing to the table. And this is all this is about, its BS. Theres nothing left anymore to escape the nonsense we call reality today. Movies, TV, books have all been tainted by politics and this SJW garbage.

You've heard it before, create new characters if theres a void in the "representation".
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:30 PM   #112
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
It should. This is why it continues to happen, ppl dont care and if comic fans like yourself dont care then entertainment as we know it is over. Stand up man!

Cant let them retcon characters for nothing more than virtue signaling, pandering brings nothing to the table. And this is all this is about, its BS. Theres nothing left anymore to escape the nonsense we call reality today. Movies, TV, books have all been tainted by politics and this SJW garbage.

You've heard it before, create new characters if theres a void in the "representation".
And I agree in part, but honestly has Black Mask's sexuality ever been part of his story? Has it ever been fully realized and explored? No not really. So him being gay doesn't counter his personality. You may think of it however you want, but if it doesn't mess with who the character is then it shouldn't matter who he sleeps with.

Now taking Dick Grayson's or Bruce Wayne's sexuality in another direction when it is in fact shown to be a part of relationships they have with other characters, that would completely take away from what we know about them and Babs or Catwoman or many many others (Since Bruce is basically a man -----).

I have a much bigger issue with the plot points of the story than I do the sexuality of the villains.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:56 AM   #113
built2shred
Phoenix

After MOS, DC pretty much drove off a cliff.

yes they had some financial success with WW and Aquman but both had meh stories at best... I'm not sure who's in charge of finding writers but so far DC has struck out a lot in that department.

I wouldn't be surprised if this new Harley movie ends up being pure crap.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:25 AM   #114
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

yes they had some financial success with WW and Aquman but both had meh stories at best... I'm not sure who's in charge of finding writers but so far DC has struck out a lot in that department.

I have issues with every DCEU film thus far. Some are less flagrant than others. I think my main issues are that if you're going to make changes, explain the changes, give me the "why" they're happening, and make it a good "why" not a "I felt like it".

The one thing the MCU has is a guardian in Feige, and not to keep beating the same horse but DC needs the same thing. Someone who tells writers and directors "No". If you can't write a good story with certain limitations then you aren't a professional writer because Comic, Novel, Film and TV writers do it all the time.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:56 AM   #115
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:

All their movies seemed to be glued together , the writing and editing is terrible .

Anyone seen Dead Pigs by this Director? This all lies on her shoulders. She does have a 100% rotten tomato score for that movie so it might actually be a good movie. But DC meddle too much, too much board room ,focus group marketing garbage swaying their decision.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:10 AM   #116
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:

Based on what little i've seen, i think its going to be good. It has similar arthouse vibes to the new Joker movie. I have a feeling both these movies won't offer big scale Avengers levels of epic, but offer smaller scale epicness based on performaces.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:13 AM   #117
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Anyone watched the Ukranian new Teaser ? it was fun, even if i didn't understand anything of what they said.

Margot Robbie
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:17 PM   #118
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

I saw the new trailer, in Ukranian as well, it doesn't really show enough for you to get a sense of the film.

I'm still a little miffed at the casting for Cassandra Cain as she is my favorite Batgirl and how they seem to be portraying her. We'll see I guess.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:45 PM   #119
SONICobra
Batman

I hope they dont try to copy deadpool and have her break the forth wall, was getting that feeling from the beginning of the trailer
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #120
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

New teaser played in front of It Chapter 2. So far it looks terrible, especially silly random outfits for Harley. No, she doesn’t have to dress like a stripper, but the new outfits are just goofy.

Is WB dumping this in February or do they think they can pull a Deedpool and make big bucks in a typically sleepy month.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote