Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #21
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I hope they carefully cover any seams it might have.
I'm liking that spidey though
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:15 AM   #22
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Spidey looks cool but he's a little too jacked.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:30 AM   #23
scgt1
Frackin!

I have venom ordered and it should be delivered on Wednesday. Ran into this post trying to track down "legit" height measurements as the Kotobukiya ArtFX Venom has forced me to readjust some shelves. Was hoping to get the "real" height of the sofbinal to go ahead and have everything moved for it's arrival. So far hitting a dead end.

Guess I'll just put my adjusting on hold for now. LOL fyi there is ONLY 1 left on Ebay for $180 with free shipping. Not sure if we can post a link. Sold directly by Kokomo Toys in IN
scgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #24
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post
I have venom ordered and it should be delivered on Wednesday. Ran into this post trying to track down "legit" height measurements as the Kotobukiya ArtFX Venom has forced me to readjust some shelves. Was hoping to get the "real" height of the sofbinal to go ahead and have everything moved for it's arrival. So far hitting a dead end.

Guess I'll just put my adjusting on hold for now. LOL fyi there are 2 left on Ebay for $180 with free shipping. Not sure if we can post a link. Sold directly by Kokomo Toys in IN
Thanks for the "tip"! Got me one
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #25
scgt1
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Thanks for the "tip"! Got me one
Right on! I guess that only leaves 1. I'll edit my post above reflecting such.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:29 PM   #26
Peedi
The Secret Six

I ordered mine from Specfiction. It was $190 but I’m ok with that. Nice deal getting it for $180 with free shipping. I’m excited to see how this turns out.

Specfiction shows it ships out on the 10th so scgt1 you’ll have yours first.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:37 PM   #27
FeistyMidget
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Picked one up from Amazon. It was $210, but got it quick. Think it's still a great deal at that price.
FeistyMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:42 AM   #28
Peedi
The Secret Six

I wonder how many of these Sentinel made?

Amazon shows it has 15 left now. GameStop and Entertainment Earth are sold out. I don’t know how many they received though.

If not a lot were made I can see this drying up in stores quick due to the relatively low cost despite the fact it’s a vinyl statue and not polystone, polyresin or cold cast porcelain.

There’s a pretty thorough unboxing and review from Mr Joe Hobby on YouTube. It’s not in English though. But a good watch to tide me over until I get mine. If I like mine enough in person or just see fit to do so I may source something to act as a base for him.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:27 PM   #29
scgt1
Frackin!

So first impressions.

It's got the looks in detail and size but that's about where it stops. The QC is in line with a cheapo Diamond Select item. IE The rear foot is cockeyed so much that it leans back on it which in turn lifts the forward leading foot up off what ever surface it is on. The shipping box and retail box showed no signs of damage yet the clamshell like securing insert is busted in the top corner where is upward hand is and small pieces are all over the place. The plastic that the clamshell is made out of is extremely thin and not what I would have expected from such a large item nor an item priced as it is. I have the same gripe with the box. It really isn't any thicker then say a box of Kraft mac-n-cheese. I've got the Oracle Fallout Libery Prime statue box sitting next to it on my futon in the office and the cardboard is twice as thick.

This is probably the first larger statue/figure I've gotten that is so cheaply packaged it's kinda pathetic as I have no other words to describe it. Pathetic packaging pretty much sums it up.

I would have expected a bit better packaging for an item that was $200 not to mention a straight rear foot so it stands level on both feet and the hand that is down should have also been touching.

Is mine worth $200? Considering I paid $160 for the Kotobukiya ArtFX Venom that is essentially the same size counting the building not a snow balls chance due to the flaw into molding design causing it to not stand flat on all surfaces. I suppose this won't be noticed on the top shelf of the Billy unit I'll be picking up on the 13th but I'll still know it's there and it doesn't sit flush.

Mine with the flaw I would say is really only worth about a buck and a quarter. Hopefully mine is just a one off issue and the mold used isn't defunct causing everybody's to do the same.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:46 PM   #30
FeistyMidget
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

It'll eventually even out and sit flat due to the softer material.
FeistyMidget is offline   Reply With Quote