Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-09-2019, 11:05 AM   #4331
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
They,a long with most makers these days, are testing waters to see just how much collectors will stretch to pay and keep buying their stuff. Let's buy with our wallet or this hobby will go down the drain for most of us.

I don't care if I get bashed - adding textures to sculpts does not make them premium or hard to do in the age of digital sculpt. Truth be told, I have more respect for the workmanship of traditional sculptors.
Agreed. 200$ is way too high for 1/10th. I don't expect much. Now 1/6th fine art, that's another story.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:49 PM   #4332
Remy LeBeau
Fantastic Four

Yeah this is really disappointing.

We need more Danger Room Sessions Statues and X-Men 92'.
Remy LeBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:56 PM   #4333
joelyface
Fantastic Four

Really hope you revisit the X-men 92 line. They have some of the most iconic villains in comics. Would be amazing to see them in this style. A Magneto/Mystique 2 pack would sell out
joelyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:17 PM   #4334
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyface View Post
Really hope you revisit the X-men 92 line. They have some of the most iconic villains in comics. Would be amazing to see them in this style. A Magneto/Mystique 2 pack would sell out
Agree with all these comments. Koto, you're about to lose your customers by pushing an expensive Marvel line that few want instead of listening to your base. We want more X-Men 92 and Marvel Now figures.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:58 PM   #4335
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
They,a long with most makers these days, are testing waters to see just how much collectors will stretch to pay and keep buying their stuff. Let's buy with our wallet or this hobby will go down the drain for most of us.

I don't care if I get bashed - adding textures to sculpts does not make them premium or hard to do in the age of digital sculpt. Truth be told, I have more respect for the workmanship of traditional sculptors.
This is 100% correct. This line, and bishoujos, just having textures on them, and costing so much more, is about to push a lot of us out of collecting them.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:24 PM   #4336
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post
Hi everyone, Mr. Arigato from Kotobukiya here. Sorry for the extremely late response again!!

Unfortunately not much I can announce at this time. I will pass along all of the interest on here, hopefully we can revisit these lines some day.

We will have a few pieces to share at SDCC, but to be honest most of the team is pretty busy with Premier and ARTFX at the moment.

Just because it's slow now doesn't mean it's gone forever! The more demand we see the easier it is for us to create more statues in that line, so please continue to give us your suggestions!

You should get some answers about this very soon

I think it's fair to say that you need to pay more attention to these forums. Little to nothing you are planning will have a high demand and the Premier Line will ultimately fail. Listen to your customer base. I know this is a small sample size, but I haven't seen many good things written or talked about the direction the company is taking.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:24 PM   #4337
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
I think it's fair to say that you need to pay more attention to these forums. Little to nothing you are planning will have a high demand and the Premier Line will ultimately fail. Listen to your customer base. I know this is a small sample size, but I haven't seen many good things written or talked about the direction the company is taking.
Agree! This is a free focus group for Koto. It's safe to say the people on this forum are some of their best customers. Listen to us!

Aside from this forum, lots of other toy sites are giving preview opinions on the ARTFX Premier line. They all say the same: "Looks great, but way too expensive for a 1/10 scale plastic statue."

I think Amazon will sell these around $70 in no time. Might pick up one of two then. Maybe...
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:47 PM   #4338
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hi, this new line of 1/8 dioramas is very exciting but can you please fix this Batman vs Joker? Batman's body is ridiculously contorted (all due respect to the sculptor) and it takes away from an otherwise awesome looking statue.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:50 PM   #4339
Remy LeBeau
Fantastic Four

The colors are also not working.. the whole thing looks greyed out.. . Batman can be darker but Joker needs to be more vibrant.

Regardless...

Listen to your core audience.

MORE X-MEN DANGER ROOM SERIES AND X-MEN 92!
Old 07-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #4340
Remy LeBeau
Fantastic Four

Diamond Select will take your buyers with X-MEN 92 and Sideshows new Premium Format Figures will take your Danger Room buyers.

Dont forget about your core fans.