Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-22-2016, 07:24 PM   #11
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
So as per Sonic's post, Prime 1 announces everyone's "childhood favourite" G.I.Joe where people can expect "classic" characters from the "cartoon" and you guys can't understand why people are upset when they don't get a faithful adaptation?

Personally I love the PCS He-Man line but then, I'm not afraid someone will think I'm too immature for collecting statues based on cartoons.

That said, I don't mind where this Destro is going. I won't be interested in the Cobra Commander they've shown and I'm on the fence over Scarlet.
I understand it just fine. Personally, I just don't like the look of large simple statues with the level of detail of a small action figure. The lack of detail was fine on a 6 inch action figure, but for a pricey piece of art on a far larger scale, I personally am interested solely in much more detail, a higher level of quality and an update to the design of these classic characters. It's no big whoop. I'm not saying anyone's immature for liking what they like.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:14 PM   #12
KELPIE
New Republic

Sorry Barbarian, I did kinda quote two people and lumped you both in together.

Regarding the detail, I understand the want as well, I'm fine with details. While I love the PCS He-Man line, when it originally started I voted for the option to have more details.

I just don't think more details should be at the sake of the original design. Kinda why I'm on the fence with Scarlet. She's wearing a different costume/uniform. Could they have added more details while still leaving her in her leotard? I imagine they could. The Destro collar isn't such a big thing for me, at least he still has a red collar.

All that said, if you're going to do a re-imagining of a property, like the SS He-Man line, then I'm all for that as well... just let the collectors know what your going to do so there's no confusion or expectation.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #13
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Sorry Barbarian, I did kinda quote two people and lumped you both in together.

Regarding the detail, I understand the want as well, I'm fine with details. While I love the PCS He-Man line, when it originally started I voted for the option to have more details.

I just don't think more details should be at the sake of the original design. Kinda why I'm on the fence with Scarlet. She's wearing a different costume/uniform. Could they have added more details while still leaving her in her leotard? I imagine they could. The Destro collar isn't such a big thing for me, at least he still has a red collar.

All that said, if you're going to do a re-imagining of a property, like the SS He-Man line, then I'm all for that as well... just let the collectors know what your going to do so there's no confusion or expectation.
I can dig that.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:34 PM   #14
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Baroness has to be in the works now that they are teasing Destro.

I do want to know how they are branching the lines though. I like the more modern / realistic interpretations of the classic box art. But we don't know which versions these are yet. Classic or comic? The Cobra Commander is definitely comic I guess.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:43 PM   #15
Wah
Shadowhawk

this line is really getting me excited. so much potential here. i also don't mind the modernization of the designs. so long as we can still tell it's the said characters.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:06 PM   #16
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Yeah, I'm on board with Barbarian's point of view. I feel the same way about the G1 Transformers line.

I think from a creative perspective, P1 just doesn't want to rehash the same old classic designs that everyone's seen already (Cobra Commander, for example).

It might not go over well with the purists, but I have no doubt these characters will be recognizable and the detail will be impressive.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:45 PM   #17
qz33
Rescue

I don't want the cartoon, I want the cartoon made to look real.

That's the elemnt PCS's MOTU statues were missing.

Sideshow did a perfect job with Cobra Commander and Baroness. StormShadow was awesome too. That's the look I want.

For Destro I just want his full collar. I ain't asking much here...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #18
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

P1 did state their intentions for this line in the original FB announcement that SONICCobra posted. They mentioned "cartoon and comics series". Some are overlooking the "comics" part of that sentence. It seems like they plan to pull designs from both sources. Scarlett and Cobra Commander's designs are pulled straight out of the IDW comics. I think I posted examples in their own threads. P1 isn't just making this stuff up.

Maybe they'll eventually do versions that are more faithful to the cartoon and toys so everyone will be happy. I think they already hinted that they might revisit Cobra Commander later with his classic look. In his case, they probably didn't want to rehash what Sideshow already did right out of the gate.

As for Destro, it looks like they'll also be using a comic design but it's still a very early WIP going by the teaser. A lot can change.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #19
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, they need to come out and say their plans soon so people know exactly what they are doing. I believe they said different scales. 1/4 and 1/5 too. I'm just happy knowing that they are making these after Sideshow did such a halfhearted attempt at it.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:55 AM   #20
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

As long as these are modeled after the comic book versions I could be in for a handful of these. I have no interest in cartoony interpretations.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote