Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-12-2019, 07:16 AM   #21
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Easy pass, they are too late with this, other companies are all doing him now.
Why all the sudden interest?
..maybe the interest never went away?

Back in the day i picked up the Blu-ray. It was possibly the 1st Blu-ray i picked up. I was happy with it. I read an interview with (name forgot) and he was disspointed with the coldness (as he put it) of the Blu-ray picture quality. Apparently the original film negative has a superior warmer quality to it. I wonder if they ever plan on releasing movie again remastered?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:21 AM   #22
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Something is off with the likeness...
It always is with Sideshow movie pieces.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:24 AM   #23
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It always is with Sideshow movie pieces.
Not always. Just most of the time.

The Jyn Erso was quite a solid headsculpt.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:35 AM   #24
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I don't think it suppose to resemble heath ledger at all, but perhaps the upcoming new Joker character (Joaquin Phoenix)
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:46 AM   #25
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
I don't think it suppose to resemble heath ledger at all, but perhaps the upcoming new Joker character (Joaquin Phoenix)
Funny
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:13 AM   #26
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
I'm with you that I don't think it's supposed to be Heath. Did the other clearly say it was supposed to be Heath Ledger, not just "The Joker"? IMO this is just supposed to be a realistic looking Joker with TDK clothing. Not Heath or Joaquin. Nothing more, nothing less. Seems a little odd with no realistic, non-actor looking Batman....but he might be on the way.

And is "Premium Format Figure" now the term SS is using for mostly fabric clothes? I'm always confused by the terminology....mostly because it's always changing
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #27
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm with you that I don't think it's supposed to be Heath. Did the other clearly say it was supposed to be Heath Ledger, not just "The Joker"? IMO this is just supposed to be a realistic looking Joker. Not Heath or Joaquin. Nothing more, nothing less. Seems a little odd with no realistic, non-actor looking Batman....but he might be on the way.

And is "Premium Format Figure" now the term SS is using for mostly fabric clothes? I'm always confused by the terminology....mostly because it's always changing
No, it hasn't been for a long time, despite what some people claim.

Colossus is a Premium Format and he's fully sculpted, as have been many of the other releases - Joker (comic), Ivy, Harley, Mystique, Dark Phoenix, X-23, Red Sonja (Harbottle version), Captain Marvel, Jean Grey, Sabretooth, Wolverine, Soulfire Grace, Daredevil, Elektra, Cheetah, Spiderman, Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin. The list goes on and on.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #28
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm with you that I don't think it's supposed to be Heath. Did the other clearly say it was supposed to be Heath Ledger, not just "The Joker"? IMO this is just supposed to be a realistic looking Joker with TDK clothing. Not Heath or Joaquin. Nothing more, nothing less. Seems a little odd with no realistic, non-actor looking Batman....but he might be on the way.
Some on here did refer to HL. I just mentioned JP because to me it looked like him.

Also, that statement of mine, was suppose too be a question. I just left it out the "?" LOL
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:26 AM   #29
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Meh.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:32 AM   #30
azurepred
Zot

Weird that everyone is making a Heath Joker all of a sudden. Maybe the license got a lot cheaper to get? Looks nothing like him though.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote