Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-28-2024, 06:47 AM   #421
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
The sculpt looks great, but there's something about the eyes that makes him look like he hasn't slept in a while.
Agreed, I think the likeness is great, he just looks SOOOO tired and a bit thin (I get it, battling Darkseid is ROUGH but still.... get some sleep, eat a burger)
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:28 AM   #422
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichop4 View Post
One of the worse release from jnd.Suit is bad,face is like 70% likeness.This is coming from a jnd fans

I think it's their worst.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:41 PM   #423
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
I think it's their worst.
.....Arwen........
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:05 PM   #424
azurepred
Zot

Yup, I would say Arwen is worse. I think black costume with angry portrait would be the best way to go for this piece. Too bad that it will put one back about $4k. No dice at that price.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 01:27 AM   #425
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Yup, I would say Arwen is worse. I think black costume with angry portrait would be the best way to go for this piece. Too bad that it will put one back about $4k. No dice at that price.
Nope, just wait for those sweet sweet discounts - they're coming.

The store where I bought Mera - because theyre struggling, like almost everyone else, to shift their stock, are now running a 30% discount......if I'd waited, and bought her today, I'd be 550 Euro richer.

In hind sight, the writing was on the wall with that piece - but now I've learnt my lesson. When buying JND you have to read the Market - same for Queen, Blitzway and Infinity.

Retailers can only hold onto these pieces for so long - then it's discount time. I'm only going to pre order these expensive statues if it looks like they're going to be a hit (and sell out) or the ES is so small that it doesn't matter.....
Old 03-29-2024, 02:35 AM   #426
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Nope, just wait for those sweet sweet discounts - they're coming.

The store where I bought Mera - because theyre struggling, like almost everyone else, to shift their stock, are now running a 30% discount......if I'd waited, and bought her today, I'd be 550 Euro richer.

In hind sight, the writing was on the wall with that piece - but now I've learnt my lesson. When buying JND you have to read the Market - same for Queen, Blitzway and Infinity.

Retailers can only hold onto these pieces for so long - then it's discount time. I'm only going to pre order these expensive statues if it looks like they're going to be a hit (and sell out) or the ES is so small that it doesn't matter.....
Just be careful with that approach for any new pieces, if you utilise only one or two particular stores.

Stores should now be using more prudent approaches when it comes to carrying stock. All I know is that Sugo (who’s pretty much my only option for many brands), quite often sells out. Not of everything, but enough that I would’ve missed out on more than half of my preorders. They might be available elsewhere of course, but the costs involved can be an issue for me.

Either they sell out during the preorder window with a quantity that they’re satisfied with, or by the time it arrives instock, their stock count reaches 1 or 2 pieces left. At which point it seems they’re satisfied not applying deep discounts on such pieces. At least not quickly.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 07:18 AM   #427
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
.....Arwen........

I actually think Arwen has a better likeness than this. :/
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 08:07 AM   #428
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
I actually think Arwen has a better likeness than this. :/
Wow.....really? I have Arwen on pre-order, but even I can't deny that it's a miss (in my opinion, of course)......i ordered it because, aside from the lack of likeness to Liv Tyler - it is a beautifully realistic sculpt of a woman....that's a 100% win right there.

My only concern, really, is paying full book price - when it's so obviously going to be hitting the discount bins like a Tsunami in the coming months - guaranteed!

So I'm considering dumping my pre order, and waiting for it to come out cheaper and buy it then......
Old 03-29-2024, 02:56 PM   #429
Irenicus
The Spirit

I cancelled my order from JND because I know this will be heavily discounted in the coming months. Even losing the NRD I will probably get it for cheaper. Also my interest dropped since I PO'ed and I don't think there were any upgrades from protoype.

Spec has 20 of these. It will easily be part of the buy 1 get 50% off. Same for BBTS.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 04:55 PM   #430
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I cancelled my order from JND because I know this will be heavily discounted in the coming months. Even losing the NRD I will probably get it for cheaper. Also my interest dropped since I PO'ed and I don't think there were any upgrades from protoype.

Spec has 20 of these. It will easily be part of the buy 1 get 50% off. Same for BBTS.
IIRC, they've never changed a sculpt after the prototype has been shown. Some people just claim to see a difference once production pics start popping up. I think this happens with nearly every JND release.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote