Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-25-2017, 05:23 PM   #271
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
My question exactly. Respect for differences of opinion would go such a long way here.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #272
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
My question exactly. Respect for differences of opinion would go such a long way here.
Yeah, I'm not sure why it makes a difference to anyone if you and Nbr3 didn't care for the film. I liked it and you didn't. So what? To each his own.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:55 AM   #273
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure why it makes a difference to anyone if you and Nbr3 didn't care for the film. I liked it and you didn't. So what? To each his own.
Yes and no. When someone is overtly way off base with their assessment of a film, then that's the purpose of these forums --to debate and challenge (in a constructive way) the points in question. Then compare that with the majority --whether that be with other members, or with the rest of America.

This is why I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rotten Tomatoes!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:13 PM   #274
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Can we please stop pretending NBR is some sort of victim here being bullied for not enjoying something as trivial as a movie? He made a condescending remark towards those who happened to enjoy a movie he did not. That sort of mentality and behavior is childish and unwarranted.

If he had simply stated he didn't like it and respectfully discussed why he didn't enjoy it then that would be one thing. However, he has a tendency to lurk around film discussions he clearly didn't enjoy and chimes in with thinly veiled pretentious and condescending remarks that are obviously aimed towards those who share a different view.

I don't care if he didn't like this or any film. His thoughts have no bearing on wether I watch or enjoy a film. What I don't appreciate is anyone attempting to look down on me or anyone else for enjoying something or thinking differently.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #275
protector2814
Phoenix

Just got back & while I didn't enjoy the 2nd nearly as much as I did the 1st, there were some excellent scenes & situations, imo. My absolute favorite part of the movie was the Rocket/Yondu part on the mutinous Reavers ship. Rhondu & Rocket made for one of the greatest duos I've seen in a Marvel movie. Loved them together.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:09 PM   #276
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Yes and no. When someone is overtly way off base with their assessment of a film, then that's the purpose of these forums --to debate and challenge (in a constructive way) the points in question. Then compare that with the majority --whether that be with other members, or with the rest of America.

This is why I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rotten Tomatoes!
I don't see a "yes and no" to Statman's comment. Where art's concerned, a comparison with the majority, if different, proves only that the opinion is different rather than wrong or "overtly way off base." It's still true and right for that person. Just as the opposite is true and right for others.

Last edited by wktf; 05-27-2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Fixing typos.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #277
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

looks like disney is pulling the same crap with this bluray release as they did with rogue one

if you want the 3d bluray you need to buy some kind of retailer exclusive, best buy has the 3d bluray steelbook up for $45 canadian ($10 more than rogue one 3d bluray steelbook)

seriously WTF is going on with these releases? im just going to start pirating movies seriously, Disney b****'s about people stealing their movies, and on the other hand they make them impossible to find if you want the 3d version, and if you can find one they cost 2X as much as a normal bluray, getting so sick of this crap, they deserve to have their movies stolen if they are going to charge their actual paying customers these outrageous prices and make them deal with these stupid limited releases for 3d movies
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #278
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Surprised the 3D fad hasn't completely died off by now. The gimmick was lame in the 80's and even though the tech improved it didn't change the fact that it'd never become mainstream. Most manufacturers aren't even producing 3D TVs anymore and even IMAX has dropped it as it's default format. I give it a couple years before it becomes a thing of the past across the board.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:23 PM   #279
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Surprised the 3D fad hasn't completely died off by now. The gimmick was lame in the 80's and even though the tech improved it didn't change the fact that it'd never become mainstream. Most manufacturers aren't even producing 3D TVs anymore and even IMAX has dropped it as it's default format. I give it a couple years before it becomes a thing of the past across the board.
I really like 3D movies I hope they stick around, but if they are going to be priced like this maybe its better they just die off. I like the 3D on my 65" 4K tv better than the 3D in movie theatres, you get the affect better I think, it makes movies really trippy and fun to watch lol which is why I like it. Not all 3D is created equal, some movies are much better, the best ones i've seen for 3D are force awakens, rogue one, and the hobbit trilogy and i've watched a lot of 3D movies
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:52 PM   #280
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I really like 3D movies I hope they stick around, but if they are going to be priced like this maybe its better they just die off. I like the 3D on my 65" 4K tv better than the 3D in movie theatres, you get the affect better I think, it makes movies really trippy and fun to watch lol which is why I like it. Not all 3D is created equal, some movies are much better, the best ones i've seen for 3D are force awakens, rogue one, and the hobbit trilogy and i've watched a lot of 3D movies
Something to consider is as the popularity of 3D fades the discs will become more expensive and eventually they may stop being produced altogether.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote