Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #311
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Joss Whedons disgraceful behavior following the US election result that didn't go his way has put me off watching any films he now directs, just recently he publicly mocked teenage cancer survivors because they attended the White House and later showed very little remorse for it, Whedon is scum in my eyes.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/0...cer-survivors/
Trump has said things just as bad and his base hasn't blinked an eye about it, so let's be real, both sides can be pretty disgusting. Politics brings out the worst in people now a days.

Back on Topic:

With the early reviews of WW being on the positive side that defiantly could help Justice League quite a bit. Fans will want more of WW so there will defiantly be a carryover from her fan base to Justice League since she's in it. That last trailer (Come Together) was probably the best trailer yet for the film and makes me a bit more hopeful for the film.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:28 PM   #312
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Trump has said things just as bad and his base hasn't blinked an eye about it, so let's be real, both sides can be pretty disgusting. Politics brings out the worst in people now a days.

Back on Topic:

With the early reviews of WW being on the positive side that defiantly could help Justice League quite a bit. Fans will want more of WW so there will defiantly be a carryover from her fan base to Justice League since she's in it. That last trailer (Come Together) was probably the best trailer yet for the film and makes me a bit more hopeful for the film.
I'm really looking forward to it. I think Snyder's weakness is generally editing and Whedon is pretty great at it (Avengers was very well put together, only Winter Soldier was better in my opinion).

I really think this could keep the hopefully great work WW will do.

Really keen to see Moma's Aquaman and Ezra's Flash, really liked both of them in the trailer.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #313
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Been thinking about this from both a family and film perspective, so if my comments seem cold at places, then please know I'm just being pragmatic.

Firstly, I feel incredible sorrow for the Snyders. Love them or hate them (I'm in the first camp), no one deserves what they have been through. By all accounts I have read, Autumn Snyder was a very talented writer, who had suffered with depression for a long period of time. To lose someone with such potential is devastating, but to lose a daughter or sibling to depression is a complete tragedy.

Secondly to deal with it in the dignified way they have is a testament to their professionalism and commitment. This happened on the 20th March, and they have only just left the Justice League movie. They both had put so much into the movie that they couldn't leave until they were sure someone with a safe pair of hands would be able to step in and complete. That's two months where they were mourning, helping their kids mourn, and producing what I hope will be a great movie. Kudos to them for their professionalism in such a difficult time.

I love Zak Snyder. I loved Man of Steel, 300 and Watchmen - the latter two I believe to be two of the most faithful comicbook movies of all time - and I genuinely thought BvS was a scapegoat for the critics growing hate towards comicbook movies. I think that the fanbase for Marvel films is so high and vociferous that they were terrified of the backlash, but DC is an easy target. There is no way that movie is as bad as it was made out to be, and in large parts is a great and enjoyable flick. The directors cut, I in fact love, I think its a great film. Flawed, yes, but still great.

Moving on to Justice League, I'm glad that Snyder was able to stay on until a natural point came where he could hand over the reigns. That is a class act. With reshoots and editing to do (editing not being one of Snyder's strengths to be honest) Joss Whedon is such a great choice, and has experience with big multi character superhero films. So if anything this particular part of the horrible news has me pleased (in an understandably very bittersweet way).

Anyway, those are my thoughts on it. I've tried to separate how I feel about what are in my head, two different pieces of news. I'm terribly sad for Snyder and his family, for losing a daughter and as I feel that he deserved to be able to win back the critics after they lambasted him for BvS (and genuinely think he could do that).

But I'm pleased that Joss Whedon is involved, I think he'll do a great job.
Really well put together post.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:56 PM   #314
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

Really keen to see Moma's Aquaman and Ezra's Flash, really liked both of them in the trailer.
Pfffft
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:43 PM   #315
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Any person that makes negative remarks on someone that just lost a daughter should look themselves in the mirror. It's wrong and imo, are despicable human being. Not only that, it's comes in hand of suicide which makes it even harder when someone loses their daughter at such a young age.

I hope ZS takes as much time off as possible and spent time with his family. Life is just too short and precious and will take time to overcome it.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:10 PM   #316
Parallax
Nightwing

Oh my damn

Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:07 AM   #317
Vracula
Jedi Order

Snyder gets Batman!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:29 AM   #318
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Snyder gets Batman!
I'll go ahead and disagree with that after BvS. But I'm hoping Geoff Johns' involvement from here on out corrects some of that.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #319
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'll go ahead and disagree with that after BvS. But I'm hoping Geoff Johns' involvement from here on out corrects some of that.
Agreed.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:40 AM   #320
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

It looks like we will be getting a Detective Batman at long last. Its only taken 75 + years.

http://collider.com/batman-director-...tective-movie/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote