Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #3101
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
what I meant by 6-8 years ago was when everyone appreciated all companies and there wasn't a war over who is better.
Actualy (I wouldnt call it a war but) the "rivalry" between different company collectors has always been there and always will be it's part of human nature - back in the day it was alot of Bowen <=> Sideshow collectors though most stayed in their respective parts of the forum. No need to dwell on it though its in many aspects of life (Xbox <=> Playstation is another example). When one grows up (evolves) this fades but no one is born "ready".
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #3102
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Actualy (I wouldnt call it a war but) the "rivalry" between different company collectors has always been there and always will be it's part of human nature - back in the day it was alot of Bowen <=> Sideshow collectors though most stayed in their respective parts of the forum. No need to dwell on it though its in many aspects of life (Xbox <=> Playstation is another example). When one grows up (evolves) this fades but no one is born "ready".
Well I personally never noticed it back then but that's probably because I've never collected any other statues from other companies. Having said that the comments on Facebook does make you question problems intentions. Some people genuinely want to see companies fail. There's no denying that. Not that I'm dwelling on it. Just stating facts.

Anyway I'm looking forward to pre order day for this one.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #3103
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
When addressing this you seem to be focusing on PCS's art style. Very few people would question the skill, talent, or appeal of PCS's art.

The biggest focus from the uproar of P1 and PCS both having the SF license are more business decisions such as delivered products matching prototypes, delivery times, and character completion being at the forefront.
Our final products match the prototypes just as much as anyone else (better IMO). Sometimes there are hiccups, just like with every other company. Its not like there is a track record of them not matching. In fact, most of the time collectors post that the final product looks even better.

Then there is the side issue of cognitive/perception biases. Something rampant in todays culture.

A great example is anyone saying Chun Li's eyes are googly. I know for a fact they arent and several collectors have seen it in person to confirm they arent.

Its a fact that anyone seeing googly eyes has something wrong with their own perception. They just want to see a flaw, even if its not there.

Would I like a faster turnaround? Yes. But really delays arent that big a deal to me. My goal isnt to be the biggest company. Or to have the biggest following. Or to please the most amount of collectors.

My goal is to make collectibles im proud of. If I dont like it, it doesnt ship. Sometimes that takes way longer than Id like, but thats who we are as a company.

Its pretty well established, so if a collector cant accept the wait times, then they arent a good fit with us. Thats not a criticism of them, its just the reality.

Im not here to be a machine turning out as many products as possible. We are not all about the money. As Ive said many times before, we are an Art Studio that happens to sell copies of our art work. So we dont have the same priorities that a true business has.

In a true business situation, the customer is always right because ultimately all that matters is getting the money from them. Money isnt what motivates me. Art is.

This is why Im perfectly happy just focusing on a small core group of collectors who appreciate what we do and are willing to wait for it to arrive.

The SF 1:3 line is a great example of what PCS is at its core. This line is very interpretive and has my personal style incorporated. Its not supposed to be as if they walked right out of the game(s). Its ART. Some may love my style, some may hate it. Thats fine. I dont get personally offended if someone doesnt like my style. But these statues are not meant to cater to the average collector.

The above isnt meant to be disrespectful to anyone, but it is to clarify where our priorities are. Which is with the core PCS collector base who deal with our eccentricities knowing they are getting a collectible made with a lot more love than most.

Last edited by OuttaSight; 05-17-2017 at 03:25 PM.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #3104
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Its always been there but its far worse these days.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #3105
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Our final products match the prototypes just as much as anyone else (better IMO). Sometimes there are hiccups, just like with every other company. Its not like there is a track record of them not matching. In fact, most of the time collectors post that the final product looks even better.

Then there is the side issue of cognitive/perception biases. Something rampant in todays culture.

A great example is anyone saying Chun Li's eyes are googly. I know for a fact they arent and several collectors have seen it in person to confirm they arent.

Its a fact that anyone seeing googly eyes has something wrong with their own perception. They just want to see a flaw, even if its not there.

Would I like a faster turnaround? Yes. But really delays arent that big a deal to me. My goal isnt to be the biggest company. Or to have the biggest following. Or to please the most amount of collectors.

My goal is to make collectibles im proud of. If I dont like it, it doesnt ship. Sometimes that takes way longer than Id like, but thats who we are as a company.

Its pretty well established, so if a collector cant accept the wait times, then they arent a good fit with us. Thats not a criticism of them, its just the reality.

Im not here to be a machine turning out as many products as possible. We are not all about the money. As Ive said many times before, we are an Art Studio that happens to sell copies of our art work. So we dont have the same priorities that a true business has.

In a true business situation, the customer is always right because ultimately all that matters is getting the money from them. Money isnt what motivates me. Art is.

This is why Im perfectly happy just focusing on a small core group of collectors who appreciate what we do and are willing to wait for it to arrive.

The SF 1:3 line is a great example of what PCS is at its core. This line is very interpretive and has my personal style incorporated. Its not supposed to be as if they walked right out of the game(s). Its ART. Some may love my style, some may hate it. Thats fine. I dont get personally offended if someone doesnt like my style. But these statues are not meant to cater to the average collector.

The above isnt meant to be disrespectful to anyone, but it is to clarify where our priorities are. Which is with the core PCS collector base who deal with our eccentricities knowing they are getting a collectible made with a lot more love than most.
Well said!
Old 05-17-2017, 03:31 PM   #3106
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Well the type of buyers who are jumping ship on this statue of 1 character just because another company got the license. Those customers probably tend to be the most difficult to deal with over the long term.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #3107
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I think a lot of people who jumped ship are praying it doesn't sell out to justify their decision. That tells me they never really wanted it to begin with. Their only interest was that others were getting it. I've been caught up in that a few times in collecting.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #3108
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

I doubt many would argue your love or effort for what you do either especially longer term customers.

Unlike a lot of traditional businesses there's a huge X factor with statues that producers have little control and that's the factories.
In the short term so far many collectors looking for a more typical business experience have found P1 to have a more favorable control over the factories and really that's what this comparison seems to be about.

I just didn't want you to hear it mainly as an attack on you or PCS as artists which for many commentators is what it easily devolves into.

People want what you make man they just aren't so sure they'll get it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #3109
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Anyway I'm looking forward to pre order day for this one.
Me too and even more to PO Sagat and even more
to recieve them both
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #3110
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I doubt many would argue your love or effort for what you do either especially longer term customers.

Unlike a lot of traditional businesses there's a huge X factor with statues that producers have little control and that's the factories.
In the short term so far many collectors looking for a more typical business experience have found P1 to have a more favorable control over the factories and really that's what this comparison seems to be about.

I just didn't want you to hear it mainly as an attack on you or PCS as artists which for many commentators is what it easily devolves into.

People want what you make man they just aren't so sure they'll get it.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote