Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-21-2016, 10:46 PM   #11
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think it's fair to say that we've seen the same licenses done ad nauseam. It's time to let other properties shine for once. There's too many companies fighting over the same licenses right now anyway.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:07 PM   #12
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
I think it's fair to say that we've seen the same licenses done ad nauseam. It's time to let other properties shine for once. There's too many companies fighting over the same licenses right now anyway.
While I agree that it's always nice to see new licenses get a chance, some will always be at the top of the food chain. They just don't make movies like they used too. Movies now are garbage. Licenses like Alien, Predator, Star Wars and Terminator will ALWAYS be sought out for new products.

You talk about nauseam... Have you seen all the Batmans!?
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:51 PM   #13
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
While I agree that it's always nice to see new licenses get a chance, some will always be at the top of the food chain. They just don't make movies like they used too. Movies now are garbage. Licenses like Alien, Predator, Star Wars and Terminator will ALWAYS be sought out for new products.

You talk about nauseam... Have you seen all the Batmans!?
I try not to see them. I won't ever stop seeing them, especially with the ads on the left side and the top of the forum pages.

Let there be no mistake, when I make that statement I mean that in general. The collecting world is one both intriguing and frustating to me. There's an overabundance of both characters and products of the same licenses.

I personally think it's holding back true innovation.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 03:48 AM   #14
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
I try not to see them. I won't ever stop seeing them, especially with the ads on the left side and the top of the forum pages.

Let there be no mistake, when I make that statement I mean that in general. The collecting world is one both intriguing and frustating to me. There's an overabundance of both characters and products of the same licenses.

I personally think it's holding back true innovation.
I'm starting to see the same now. Don't get me wrong very cool stuff but so many of the same characters so fast.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #15
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The Alien franchise hasn't been done justice by any collectible company yet. Sure, lots of companies have the license but you rarely if ever see any true high-quality pieces come out of them.

Sideshow and HCG for example. Loads of Alien pieces, and 95% of them are crap quality.

Then you have companies that make small, cheap figures and little knick-knacks.

That's the extent of Alien franchise collectibles.

I would be in heaven if Prime 1 picked up the license and actually did something with it. I can't see that happening anytime soon though so I hope CoolProps doesn't disappoint.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:27 AM   #16
Python
Omega Red

A definitive Big chap statue (or bust) would be nice...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:27 PM   #17
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
The Alien franchise hasn't been done justice by any collectible company yet. Sure, lots of companies have the license but you rarely if ever see any true high-quality pieces come out of them.

Sideshow and HCG for example. Loads of Alien pieces, and 95% of them are crap quality.

Then you have companies that make small, cheap figures and little knick-knacks.

That's the extent of Alien franchise collectibles.

I would be in heaven if Prime 1 picked up the license and actually did something with it. I can't see that happening anytime soon though so I hope CoolProps doesn't disappoint.
I think Hot Toys has done some impressive Predators...albeit they are toys and 1/6. Also....Narin's Predators are pretty damn impressive. And the most impressive of all IMO is Cinemaquette's Predator.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:49 PM   #18
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I think Hot Toys has done some impressive Predators...albeit they are toys and 1/6. Also....Narin's Predators are pretty damn impressive. And the most impressive of all IMO is Cinemaquette's Predator.
Hot Toys' Predators may be of a decent quality, but the sculpts are very inaccurate for the most part. And as you said, they're small-scale figures.

Narin's stuff is good but it's not licensed and you have to find someone to paint & build it.

The Cinemaquette Predator. That's one of the few, almost perfect, Predator pieces IMO. Unfortunately it's been about ten years since it's release and I've seen one sell for 7+ grand on eBay.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:51 AM   #19
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin Loke‎ (Prime 1 Studio Collectors Group)
Just a reminder to be ready on 26 April 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quesada
Do you will show some teasers that day Kelvin Loke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin Loke‎
Yes can expect reveal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe Reid
Can't wait, hopefully it won't disappoint. Really want the predator line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin Loke‎
Predator line is confirmed (touch wood nothing bad happens). In fact they already planning the first character.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #20
Python
Omega Red

Python is offline   Reply With Quote