Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-21-2018, 06:13 AM   #11
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I swear I am a statue psychic. I had a feeling a new Catwoman was coming. Glad I sold the original a few months ago.
Too soon to celebrate, IMO. The original Catwoman is one of the most sought-after statues. I hope you got a good price.

I'll bet the new one looks tame in comparison (going by their recent offerings), so, there's a chance collecters still prefer the old one.

Time will tell.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:20 AM   #12
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroJux View Post
I think the butt on this one has potential to land her firmly on the sexy side. As opposed to cute. They did a whole presentation about MLP and how “bishoujo” can mean cute or beautiful (they seem to shy away from saying the word sexy) and that it could also mean woman or girl. So I guess they are going through a cute girl phase. Let’s hope sexy women show up again before too long.
Yes! I don't mind some being cute while others sexy but I don't want it all one way or the other and it should depend on the character.

Squirrel Girl should be cute while Catwoman's well kind of a slut...
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:37 AM   #13
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Too soon to celebrate, IMO. The original Catwoman is one of the most sought-after statues. I hope you got a good price.

I'll bet the new one looks tame in comparison (going by their recent offerings), so, there's a chance collecters still prefer the old one.

Time will tell.
If this one turned out to be on the 'cute side'. I'd prefer this one. The only reason really why I wanted the first one because I had the illusion of collecting ALL the bishoujos.
Now that I know that won't happen, I'm just out to get the ones that I really want, or some that I might not like much, but belong to the line I'm collecting. Like the new Chunl Li. I didn't really like how her face turned out. (not that it's not pretty) But I'm getting her because I collect the Street Fighter line.
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:44 AM   #14
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Good, now people can stop whining, crying, -----ing and moaning about Catwoman.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:17 PM   #15
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post

Time will tell.
Good time for me.I had it long enough. I got $350. As a collector that started these early, I started after Emma was revealed, I am happy to move on.

I don't think I will be continuing the comic lines anyways. I am liking the horror pieces way more.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #16
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroJux View Post
Just announced at sdcc
Were there any street fighter announcements?
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:53 PM   #17
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikoken View Post
Were there any street fighter announcements?
http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/19/sd...statues-308129
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:09 PM   #18
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Thanks I meant were there any new announcements / silhouette teasers about new street fighter bishoujos at the panel?
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:52 AM   #19
HieroJux
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikoken View Post
Thanks I meant were there any new announcements / silhouette teasers about new street fighter bishoujos at the panel?
No nothing specific. Just that the line will continue.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #20
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
It could. There are people that would be content with just this new one that will no longer be willing to pay the higher prices for the original. I know this market. I have been in it for over ten years.
Well if time being in the market matters I've been collecting statues since the Bowen Batman Gargoyle came out. So if the new Catwoman is as awesome as the original it's possible you may be right but if they go in a totally different direction with her or the costume is different than I think she will hold her value. That first one is tough to beat!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote