Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-16-2018, 11:01 PM   #61
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
The new busts in my opinion are a significant improvement to the previous iterations, at least from what I've seen of Boba and Maul.

I really disliked the mixed media and teeth on the first Maul bust. I could never pull the trigger on that one. This one is a no brainer for me.

You are correct. The new pieces are much better. I would like to see more of the chest integrated.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #62
qz33
Rescue

Maul's bust looks so much smaller than Kylo's in that shot. I love the proportions on PCS's busts. Wish Sideshow would do more shoulders and chest instead of a "stand".

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:21 PM   #63
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I think it depends on the character. Kylo's looks like all fabric other than the mask. Maul's mixed media looks more controlled so I think it's easier to judge the actual girth of the piece.

Sideshow has made some fairly substantial busts; the new Boba Fett is probably the most impressive I've seen so far! So happy they included the jet pack with this one.

GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:54 PM   #64
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Now we're talkin. Same base, but looks much better without the huge gap, and support arm. I had not seen the other busts before.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:49 AM   #65
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Now we're talkin. Same base, but looks much better without the huge gap, and support arm. I had not seen the other busts before.
It’s still there you can see from the side.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:14 PM   #66
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

That’s what I’m talking about! Torso FTW! Extending the piece is a good differentiator from the first round. This Fett is attractive to buyers due to the chest and jet pack.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #67
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
That’s what I’m talking about! Torso FTW! Extending the piece is a good differentiator from the first round. This Fett is attractive to buyers due to the chest and jet pack.
I think it looks great on Fett and the Trooper bust, but it doesn't make as much practical sense to do it on every bust.

Maul's has a nice V shape to finish off the torso, otherwise it would just be a continuation of his black hoodie.

The bust stand is just one of those design choices that could be polarizing. I'm not in love with it, but I do love the bust.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #68
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
It’s still there you can see from the side.
I could live with that. It's minimized, less visible, and on Fett, it's designed to be nothing more than support. On Maul, as visible as it is, it has to be seen in an aesthetic light. Too much for me.

Have any of these busts with this base been released yet? I wonder again if it would be possible to lower Maul, once in-hand?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:37 AM   #69
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I actually think the way they finished off maul looks good it’s shows just enough chest imo. I think the hood definitely helps as it frames the piece nicely the same finish wouldn’t work with fett which is why they probably showed more with that character. It’s just that damn base, if I do end up buying one I’ll definitely be losing the base and be making my own. It would’ve been nice if they’d have done character specific bases with a bit more imagination (like what Ecc do).
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:10 AM   #70
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I could live with that. It's minimized, less visible, and on Fett, it's designed to be nothing more than support. On Maul, as visible as it is, it has to be seen in an aesthetic light. Too much for me.

Have any of these busts with this base been released yet? I wonder again if it would be possible to lower Maul, once in-hand?
The Stormtrooper bust already came out. Can’t adjust the base.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote