Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-06-2019, 02:09 AM   #851
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I’ve never received an art box from XM. All the inner boxes have been black.
I suppose if the discussion was about what was on the box you may have a point. But the issue is box vs no box. What was on your Juggernaut inner box?

So yeah, XM Studios has the best "inner boxes" of all suppliers. I recommend anyone who is not familiar with them to check out reviews online of collectors with unboxings. And yes, they are black.

And should a collector who has not experienced unboxing one of their pieces get the chance, you will understand the difference. It is not the box that defines the product inside, but it is part of the experience and a reflection of the marketed quality of the brand. That is also why Apple is so successful.

But yeah, it is just a box. And Sideshow's bottom line appreciates the customers willingness to give it up. Sideshow makes some great products, but they just aren't premium anymore.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:33 AM   #852
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I suppose if the discussion was about what was on the box you may have a point. But the issue is box vs no box. What was on your Juggernaut inner box?

So yeah, XM Studios has the best "inner boxes" of all suppliers. I recommend anyone who is not familiar with them to check out reviews online of collectors with unboxings. And yes, they are black.

And should a collector who has not experienced unboxing one of their pieces get the chance, you will understand the difference. It is not the box that defines the product inside, but it is part of the experience and a reflection of the marketed quality of the brand. That is also why Apple is so successful.

But yeah, it is just a box. And Sideshow's bottom line appreciates the customers willingness to give it up. Sideshow makes some great products, but they just aren't premium anymore.

True that. It's the special feel that you have. You can have a regular car to drive from A to B, but it's much nicer to drive the same way with a car that has some extra horse powers, even though you do not need those at all.
In addition the boxes protect the collectibles much better, so they do even make more sense.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:18 AM   #853
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
I thought it was art vs. no art.

I didn’t order Juggernaut.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:48 AM   #854
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

brilliant

water in my clam

that thing is a clam or octopus?
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:55 AM   #855
Nebulhym
The X-Men

This statue is amazing! It's Daniel Bel at last and not some Sideshowified monstrosity (looking at you Cap and Daredevil, yuck)

Two things i dislike though:

- the seams on the octopus-like creature are huge! It's definitely not a deal breaker though.

- The paint is really weird. i hate the color on the skin, it looks dull and the hue is wrong imho. But still not a deal- breaker.

Congratulations to those getting it, it's a great piece!

Anybody who, after seeing this, still finds the juggernaut maquette anything else than a huge rip-off, is out of their mind.

This statue is huge, heavy, full of details with an amazing sculpt. Compare it to the bland tiny Tripernaut and it almost look like a deal, I am talking about the price here.

Also, let's make this clear:

It's a HUGE SHAME that Cheapshow is cheaping on the art box while shamelessly raising their prices. Please stop excusing and apologizing for such a behavior. It's like shooting yourself in the foot.

In the end, the loser is the collector. Think about this before going all fanboy on every single shortcut Greedshow comes up with!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:13 AM   #856
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Perfectly content with my Juggernaut purchase

Anyone that wants this instead, good 4 u
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:19 AM   #857
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:

XM does have better packaging and I'm sure that makes opening the statue a bit more exciting.

Sideshow no longer having a "premium" product because they haven't included an art box with a few statues now? That's some extreme hyperbole.

Truth of the matter is, when people have unboxed Gladiator Hulk and Juggernaut, what makes the statues feel "premium" won't be the container it was shipped in, stashed in a closet/basement/garage.

I don't know where you're getting this "willingness" from customers for the change. SS didn't poll customers before eliminating the art boxes. Those that are upset are complaining or perhaps even not purchasing a statue that doesn't include it. I don't think you're going to see Hong Kong levels of protest here.

And Apple isn't solely successful because of their packaging. There are a multitude of reasons for that success.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:27 AM   #858
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Also, let's make this clear:

It's a HUGE SHAME that Cheapshow is cheaping on the art box while shamelessly raising their prices. Please stop excusing and apologizing for such a behavior. It's like shooting yourself in the foot.

In the end, the loser is the collector. Think about this before going all fanboy on every single shortcut Greedshow comes up with!
I honestly don't even know why I'm bothering to engage (probably because I have limited options for entertainment at work), but:

No one is praising SS for removing the art boxes on a few pieces. Some people, like myself, don't care because I never even removed them from the outer box and haven't bought any statues that don't include one yet.

Some people are indifferent because they don't have strong feelings about it. Others are upset and voicing that feeling through venues like this forum. Perhaps, even reaching out to SS to complain.

If you're upset about it, talk to SS, instead of trying to manufacture the façade that everyone here is a blind sheep.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:13 AM   #859
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I honestly don't even know why I'm bothering to engage (probably because I have limited options for entertainment at work), but:

No one is praising SS for removing the art boxes on a few pieces. Some people, like myself, don't care because I never even removed them from the outer box and haven't bought any statues that don't include one yet.

Some people are indifferent because they don't have strong feelings about it. Others are upset and voicing that feeling through venues like this forum. Perhaps, even reaching out to SS to complain.

If you're upset about it, talk to SS, instead of trying to manufacture the façade that everyone here is a blind sheep.
You juts don't get it, do you?

"not caring" is basically the same as telling them "go ahead".

It's simple though. Don't drop the art boxes while raising your prices. It reeks of greed.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #860
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
You juts don't get it, do you?

"not caring" is basically the same as telling them "go ahead".

It's simple though. Don't drop the art boxes while raising your prices. It reeks of greed.
Disagreement ≠ "not getting it."

You feel strongly about this, clearly. That's fine. Just don't expect everyone else to get their pitchforks out.