Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #381
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
My only thought on the SS Flash is the fact that he seems to be destroying the road he's running on. If that were the case, the city streets would be in serious disrepair all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
True, but if he's in the middle of an all out firefight in the city, it's possible he's running through a battlefield where the streets are already tore up.
Yeah, the same could be said about the P1 N52 piece. We don't know what external forces might be causing the damage to the street. I'm not going to knock either statue for that.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:35 AM   #382
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Was there talk of an EX? I wouldn't mind a CoH.
This! Give me a more classic looking portrait without the chin guard and I'd be a very happy camper.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #383
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Yeah, the same could be said about the P1 N52 piece. We don't know what external forces might be causing the damage to the street. I'm not going to knock either statue for that.
Yeah, that's pretty much my stance as well. I'm very happy with the way this PF turned out. Now I'm just waiting for it to be put up for PO.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #384
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
LMFAOOOOOOOO! If you think the posts here praising SS Flash = paycheck from SS, go check out almost every post on the XM forum, especially those from Grumpy
True Grumpy is a XM cheerleader but the same can be said for several of you here in the SS forum...

Although once you see who they are their opinions on statues just become white background noise in the forums.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #385
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

In an ideal world I'd take the SS Flash design with the P1 pose and setting. The XM and P1 showcase speedster ability more than slightly torn road. I'd like some removable lightning myself. And big difference between cheap plastic and clear resin. Latter can look almost like glass. Now which one sideshow would splurge on is a different matter...
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #386
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
LMFAOOOOOOOO! If you think the posts here praising SS Flash = paycheck from SS, go check out almost every post on the XM forum, especially those from Grumpy
lol, I actually just assumed he was working for them. That's not the case?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #387
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAlicat View Post
Hilarious.

Seriously though, the prime and xm statues are not bland and mundane and if you ask me, most people would choose one of them over this SS version if the prices were cheaper. I know I would.
XM Flash is actually very cheap, with free shipping to the US. But it is 1:6 scale.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #388
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
XM Flash is actually very cheap, with free shipping to the US. But it is 1:6 scale.
You can like XM over SS as much as you want. But, I really don’t think approx. $500USD for 1/6th scale can be called cheap.....With that logic $600~700 for 1/4th scale is cheap as well
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:03 PM   #389
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I don’t think approx. $500USD for 1/6th scale is cheap.....
I got it for $430 shipped, but yeah..I meant cheap compared to XM stuff that isn't licensed in the US. I also wouldn't be surprised if the XM's total size was about the same as SS's given the large base, but I'm not sure.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #390
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I got it for $430 shipped, but yeah..I meant cheap compared to XM stuff that isn't licensed in the US. I also wouldn't be surprised if the XM's total size was about the same as SS's given the large base, but I'm not sure.
I dunno about you but $430 still seems like a hefty price tag for 1/6th. I don’t think Xm 1/6th line should be compared SS PF in terms of the price tag because they are of different scale.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote