Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-30-2020, 06:44 PM   #861
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I see the difference, however I do not see it going "Up and away".

It still shows forward momentum. Whether this change is too much for people is up to the individual.

Here's an image of the prototype lined up with the unboxing video to show the change. It appears to be about 20 degrees or maybe a little more at it's apex.

Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:49 PM   #862
SONICobra
Batman

I agree, it looks absolutely fine to me
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:47 PM   #863
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
In side by side proto/production pics one could clearly see how proto’s forward thigh is pointing downwards, while his shin/foot is in a horizontal position, giving the proper stance for running, especially at full speed.

If you compare with production, the opposite is true, where the thigh is more horizontal and the shin/ foot is pointing downward.
The thigh isn’t pointed as far down, but it’s not horizontal. I still see forward momentum, not leaping.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:52 PM   #864
gomur
The Tick

One of my favorite comic memories was Wally racing Supes. I don't mind the more upright stance at all.

But I am still worried about leans over time. And we never were shown - correct me if I'm wrong - any behind the scenes engineering strategies. For all I know the peg bar only goes up to the calf.

I guess we won't know for sure until some defective units need to be smashed.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:59 PM   #865
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The thigh isn’t pointed as far down, but it’s not horizontal. I still see forward momentum, not leaping.
Of course we all obviously see forward motion. That’s not the point. The reality seems to be that the positioning has been changed, and not for the better.

If you and others feel there is no tangible difference(?), then we disagree by about 20 degrees. If you and others feel that the production stance is somehow a better representation of the fastest man on earth(?), we then disagree 100%.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:06 PM   #866
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Of course we all obviously see forward motion. That’s not the point. The reality seems to be that the positioning has been changed, and not for the better.

If you and others feel there is no tangible difference(?), then we disagree by about 20 degrees. If you and others feel that the production stance is somehow a better representation of the fastest man on earth(?), we then disagree 100%.
I recognize the difference, but it doesn’t affect my opinion of the statue either negatively or positively.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:19 PM   #867
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
True, but you are going way back, using a rather outdated example. But in the last couple of years, sideshow has improved on every level, including construction/design/engineering. I mean if they can pull it off for Rogue, and Juggs, Flash is truly a no brainer, especially after seeing that huge foot key/peg.
Elektra was this year lol and she is standing straight lol. Time will tell if this piece is an issue or not. I’m going to wait for another Flash.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:27 PM   #868
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I recognize the difference, but it doesn’t affect my opinion of the statue either negatively or positively.

Nearmint, you are one cool, easy going kinda guy. Power to you. But the new stance is not an improvement, whether you see it or not, or whether you care or not. Again, that’s not the point.

Flash, shown in a full out running lunge, in a more horizontal position, better represents the character, and conveys more motion and speed. By SS changing that, the statue seems less dynamic, less of a natural all out running flow. That’s the point, not if it bothers you or not.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:15 PM   #869
adee
Green Arrow

I think the difference is marginal but there are positives to the production piece. Stability, will display better from the front and takes up less space.

I understand the opinion that it’s less dynamic but l’d rather him be looking forward than down.

That comparison pic looks cool
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:11 AM   #870
aa909
The Green Hornet

Ironically if the proto had the same angle as the production piece no one would’ve been clamoring for sideshow to change the pose by 10 or 20 degrees.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote