Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-10-2022, 05:01 PM   #531
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Wise words by Rainer !
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 05:19 PM   #532
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Hi Shogun,
Your posts do not bother me at all and as a fellow collector I certainly recognize the anticipation, excitement, and fervent desire to see and read more about the statue you are looking forward to so much.

It's part of what makes this hobby so great but sometimes also so frustrating: knowing that a great statue is coming but not knowing yet what exactly the statue will look like, what the dimensions of the statue will be, what the price will be etc. etc.

Still if there is one thing which I have learned in my years as a collector it's that being patient overall is the best solution.
More info and more pictures will come when the time is there, and you can be sure that no statue manufacturing company is trying to chase away their potential customers by deliberately delaying the full reveal of their new products.
It just would not be a good business case.

Waiting for more info about a highly anticipated statue can seem to take forever but in these cases I just try to keep in mind what Master Yoda would say:

I realize it's sometimes easier said than done but this is just how try to look at this.
And guess what? In my experience Master Yoda so far has always been right in this regard!

Of course these are just my two cents... YMMV.

Rainer
Well said.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:08 PM   #533
Stevkan
Kindly Asked To Leave

Watch all these bozos crying about the wait be too poor to buy the damn thing ��

Ngl if you aren’t used to inexplicably waiting long ass times for pieces, you probably arent much of a collector
Stevkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:30 PM   #534
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:

You make many good points which is why you are one of my favorite posters on here.

I?ve clearly lost my patience, but honestly it?s rightfully so. I have no problem waiting for a piece...the problem I have is with LBS?s bull ---- tactics deliberately toying with collectors to promote their piece. I just want to see it, that?s it. I just want to see the damn thing already. One of the BEST parts of collecting is the FIRST time you see a piece. The first time you lay eyes on it and say WOW ?that has to be mine?. We?ve seen how many? 10-15 maybe 20 partial pictures of this thing and I am still waiting for that ?first time I lay eyes on it moment?. It?s incredibly frustrating. They built the anticipation to a roaring boil leading us to believe we are gonna see the piece any day now and the past two weeks we get NOTHING aside from - ?soon, working on posters...PO soon?

LBS wants to swim with the sharks of the collectible world I?m all for it! but this marketing effort belongs in the kiddie pool. Especially comparing it to Prime 1?s showcases, that sneak, reveal and promote a piece
All in a matter of minutes. Moving forward I will work on my patience like a ?normal? collector but only if LBS market their future releases like ?normal? high end collectible company.

Yoda is by far my favorite Star Wars character btw.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:49 PM   #535
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
You make many good points which is why you are one of my favorite posters on here.

I?ve clearly lost my patience, but honestly it?s rightfully so. I have no problem waiting for a piece...the problem I have is with LBS?s bull ---- tactics deliberately toying with collectors to promote their piece. I just want to see it, that?s it. I just want to see the damn thing already. One of the BEST parts of collecting is the FIRST time you see a piece. The first time you lay eyes on it and say WOW ?that has to be mine?. We?ve seen how many? 10-15 maybe 20 partial pictures of this thing and I am still waiting for that ?first time I lay eyes on it moment?. It?s incredibly frustrating. They built the anticipation to a roaring boil leading us to believe we are gonna see the piece any day now and the past two weeks we get NOTHING aside from - ?soon, working on posters...PO soon?

LBS wants to swim with the sharks of the collectible world I?m all for it! but this marketing effort belongs in the kiddie pool. Especially comparing it to Prime 1?s showcases, that sneak, reveal and promote a piece
All in a matter of minutes. Moving forward I will work on my patience like a ?normal? collector but only if LBS market their future releases like ?normal? high end collectible company.

Yoda is by far my favorite Star Wars character btw.
Oftentimes it's not up to the manufacturer. If Marvel hasn't approved it, then they can't show it. LBS is small. They are able to tease/release around 1 statue a year. Hang in there.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 11:36 PM   #536
Danii99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevkan View Post
Watch all these bozos crying about the wait be too poor to buy the damn thing ��

Ngl if you aren?t used to inexplicably waiting long ass times for pieces, you probably arent much of a collector
Went right for the jugular on em'
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 04:48 AM   #537
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii99 View Post
Went right for the jugular on em'
More likely, someone has an alt account and is too much of a coward to post with their main account. 4 posts and all are troll posts insulting people.

Not sure where you think the jugular is but it's not there...
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:36 PM   #538
Danii99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
More likely, someone has an alt account and is too much of a coward to post with their main account. 4 posts and all are troll posts insulting people.

Don't take it so seriously, I was just saying that cause of his first comment. Some people on this forum too uptight, we're just talking about statues here.
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:42 PM   #539
Kal - el
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevkan View Post

Ngl if you aren?t used to inexplicably waiting long ass times for pieces, you probably arent much of a collector
Haha so good!! You got that right
Kal - el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 01:58 PM   #540
Stevkan
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Hi Shogun,
Your posts do not bother me at all and as a fellow collector I certainly recognize the anticipation, excitement, and fervent desire to see and read more about the statue you are looking forward to so much.

It's part of what makes this hobby so great but sometimes also so frustrating: knowing that a great statue is coming but not knowing yet what exactly the statue will look like, what the dimensions of the statue will be, what the price will be etc. etc.

Still if there is one thing which I have learned in my years as a collector it's that being patient overall is the best solution.
More info and more pictures will come when the time is there, and you can be sure that no statue manufacturing company is trying to chase away their potential customers by deliberately delaying the full reveal of their new products.
It just would not be a good business case.

Waiting for more info about a highly anticipated statue can seem to take forever but in these cases I just try to keep in mind what Master Yoda would say:

I realize it's sometimes easier said than done but this is just how try to look at this.
And guess what? In my experience Master Yoda so far has always been right in this regard!

Of course these are just my two cents... YMMV.

Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post

That?s adorable, but no, I literally just made this account to follow news about the hulk statue then it?ll be deleted. I?m not some little weirdo that lurks around dead statue collector forums. I dont sit around chatting about statues and crying about how long they take, I prowl studio websites and facebook and BUY them.
I don?t see the correlation between me posting objective truths and or subjective observations based on my limited exposure to this weirdo ass forum, and ?trolling?.
If you choose to take it that way it says more about you than it does about me

Stevkan is offline   Reply With Quote