Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-26-2020, 08:57 PM   #161
built2shred
Phoenix

This is what I read...

A platinum cured silicone casting, mask, or sculpture will exhibit a very long life span. Pieces made using a platinum cured silicone can last upwards of 45 years....

I'll just make sure I sell it on year 40 just to be safe
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:44 PM   #162
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I have a laundry list of reasons for passing on this...

But I thank JND for raising the bar with the competition
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:12 PM   #163
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I found it interesting that they're doing the main pieces including the portrait at a factory in Korea instead of China...
That's probably the only way to keep the quality control at a high level. And with a limited run of 700, it's probably more manageable to do this as opposed to this being a mass produced product in the thousands.

With JND charging collectors a hefty premium for the statue and their company being relatively new, they can't afford to screw this release up.

If they can't deliver on the promised realism of the prototype, it would be difficult for collectors to trust them on future products.

But I appreciate their transparency throughout this whole process, it's really refreshing to get a behind the scenes look.

I hope they can deliver in the final product. If they do, my wallet will unfortunately fall down another rabbit hole.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:24 PM   #164
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I'm already out because of the real hair.
But for me it is the best golden armor WW. Her face, her gaze ... simply fantastic.
I wonder how JND will pack the figure to keep the hair styling in place. For a statue like Wonder Woman, this is really important to the overall look.

There is nothing more I hate than having to futz with a figure out of the box.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:47 PM   #165
built2shred
Phoenix

On lil'red they used a miniature hairnet to keep the styling of the hair in place.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:14 AM   #166
chronos1919
Nightwing

Sold out at Secret Compass now. I haven't had this much anticipation for a statue in a while. Looking forward to work-in-progress in production previews, like they did with their Arthur Fleck statue.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:10 PM   #167
French Cancan
Deadman

^^ Glad to see that my post, so anxiety-provoking, so stressfull and whatever, didn't affect your enthusiasm...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:25 PM   #168
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
^^ Glad to see that my post, so anxiety-provoking, so stressfull and whatever, didn't affect your enthusiasm...
I'm not particularly affected by anything that you do. Carry on.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:21 PM   #169
pdenham
Teen Titans

I've seen bad WOM on Secret Compass from more than one customer in the past, otherwise I might have broken down and ordered it from them. Been having too much bad luck with all kinds of shipped products lately to want to court any more potential trouble after being warned.
By contrast, I don't think I've ever heard a bad word about Todd and Spec Fiction.

I was cleaning up the desktop the other day and stumbled on a couple jpgs of this - it threw me for a nano second when I realized it wasn't an actual photo of Gadot in costume.

The only thing that could possibly make me think less of this piece, should it come out anywhere close to the prototype, is if I seriously dislike the film.

OTOH, if I end up enjoying it without many reservations, missing out on this is going to sting even more.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #170
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I've seen bad WOM on Secret Compass from more than one customer in the past, otherwise I might have broken down and ordered it from them. Been having too much bad luck with all kinds of shipped products lately to want to court any more potential trouble after being warned.
By contrast, I don't think I've ever heard a bad word about Todd and Spec Fiction.

I was cleaning up the desktop the other day and stumbled on a couple jpgs of this - it threw me for a nano second when I realized it wasn't an actual photo of Gadot in costume.

The only thing that could possibly make me think less of this piece, should it come out anywhere close to the prototype, is if I seriously dislike the film.

OTOH, if I end up enjoying it without many reservations, missing out on this is going to sting even more.
I can't stand Suicide Squad and I've not been able to endure more than 10 minutes of Birds Of Prey, yet I love my Prime1 1/3 Harley Quinn.
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote