Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-26-2020, 02:06 PM   #141
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Agreed. I'll likely be placing it on a turntable if I don't have a centralized position (and I likely won't) to display it in.
Yup. I was getting intoxicated with the thought of having this on a sloooow revolving turntable.

Also, while this isn't the classic costume which would be my theoretical preference, I've begun to view this kind of stuff also in terms of general shapes and colors and what those bring to overall room decor.

As much as the classic costume has a meaningful familiarity to me, where this would have gone (top of a dark wood cabinet, next to black speakers), a head-to-neck golden figure would have looked especially striking.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm gonna regret passing on this.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:09 PM   #142
built2shred
Phoenix

From the trailer it looks like she's shown with and without wings on this outfit, I’m guessing the wings fold into the outfit, so they're out of sight in order to move around freely and the ability to go inside a doorway ... So the statue might not be comic book accurate but it is movie accurate.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:13 PM   #143
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I'm already out because of the real hair.
But for me it is the best golden armor WW. Her face, her gaze ... simply fantastic.
That's the one aspect I won't miss.
After price, the hair was a big ? for me. Would it come fully styled? If it was, would that styling hold over time? How would hair products potentially react with the silicone if those were necessary? How well rooted will the hair be? If the silicone degrades over time, is the security of those hair roots likely the first thing to be affected?

These silicone pieces represent a exciting new twist to this hobby, but there are a bunch of questions I have that only time will answer.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:27 PM   #144
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I'm already out because of the real hair.
But for me it is the best golden armor WW. Her face, her gaze ... simply fantastic.
The rooted hair was a big question mark for me at first. The problem is, if they're truly able to capture the actor's likeness so well, sculpted hair would throw the look off, in my opinion. If it all comes together as advertised I think rooted will be the way to go.

Still a concern though as my only experience with rooted hair on a collectible has been Hot Toys and I think it always looks atrocious. Hopefully the scale, materials, and effort combine to avoid that tragedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
From the trailer it looks like she's shown with and without wings on this outfit, I’m guessing the wings fold into the outfit, so they're out of sight in order to move around freely and the ability to go inside a doorway ... So the statue might not be comic book accurate but it is movie accurate.
It looks like she shrugs them off and then they fall away behind her to me. I'm wondering if she starts with them and then sheds them. Meaning that they might not be retractable. Either way, it's better than her "flying" by leaping mightily into the air or lassoing lightning to stay aloft.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #145
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I’m gonna play devil’s advocate here.
700 isn’t a low edition size, that seems rather the norm nowadays, if you except Sideshow who lives on another planet.
A material that begins its disintegration since the first day of its fabrication doesn’t seem high grade to me. Let’s say this material offers some easier use and opportunities that other materials like pvc or resin can’t offer at this moment. Like I already said, I have no doubt that kind of silicon will belongs to the prehistoric times as soon as a new material combining the advantages of silicon and resin will appear. A new material that clearly will be more adapted to the statues and their longevity which does’nt have to be an option.
About the scale, to each their own of course. ½ doesn’t seem awkward to me. I still see a statue.
Transparency is a plus, no doubt. And I do like too seeing the other side of the scene.
One statue edition. Honestly, I don’t see where is the problem. Deluxe éditions exist in many artistic fields. Buy a one of a kind. Problem solved.
Having the choice doesn‘t distort the artistic approach, nor does corrupt it, and simply leaves you the choice of the ideal representation in your eyes of the object of all your attention.

On a side note, I’m pretty sure the museum would have chosen a complete Venus de Milo, if it had had the choice
I don't understand this negativity. It's as if you're somehow unhappy that someone is happy with their purchase, and you want to do everything in your power to make them feel like they've made a mistake......this post just seems very petty, especially as it contains just your opinions stated as "facts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I was also not aware that my opinion only matters if I actually buy the product. Is that a new forum rule I overlooked? That should greatly cut down on the number of posts from all the members on here.

Only post your opinion if you actually buy the product...otherwise be quiet.
Like everything, there are shades of grey. Critiquing a statue because you're interested in buying it, and hope your voice is heard to enable changes to make the statue better for you, is one thing. Grumbling about a statue you have no interest in, and no intention of purchasing seems frivolous.

My point is that all the statues have sold out, the story for non customers is closed on this, so what's the point of flogging the horse and (like our friend in the other quote) going out of your way to find issue with the statue.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:15 PM   #146
unique crysis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
No problem at all. Just engaging in friendly discussion about a statue.
Thats why you're one my favorite youtubers you always stay positive and you never have a snarky attitude its always refreshing when people can have friendly discussions with this hobby we love
unique crysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:33 PM   #147
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I don't understand this negativity. It's as if you're somehow unhappy that someone is happy with their purchase, and you want to do everything in your power to make them feel like they've made a mistake......this post just seems very petty, especially as it contains just your opinions stated as "facts".
So, when I write" Having the choice doesn‘t distort the artistic approach, nor does corrupt it, and simply leaves you the choice of the ideal representation in your eyes of the object of all your attention.", you see negativity or an unhappy guy...
Or when I write " A new material that clearly will be more adapted to the statues and their longevity which does’nt have to be an option", you say it's an alleged fact that I have stated in an insolent manner?
I just call that research and progress.
If the concept of exchanging ideas or opinions escapes you, what are you doing on this forum spending time yapping -as so often - on comments of other people?
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:54 PM   #148
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
So, when I write" Having the choice doesn‘t distort the artistic approach, nor does corrupt it, and simply leaves you the choice of the ideal representation in your eyes of the object of all your attention.", you see negativity or an unhappy guy...
Or when I write " A new material that clearly will be more adapted to the statues and their longevity which does’nt have to be an option", you say it's an alleged fact that I have stated in an insolent manner?
If the concept of exchanging ideas or opinions escapes you, what are you doing on this forum spending time yapping -as so often - on comments of other people?
Really.....you do know that everyone can read your whole statement, and not just the last sentence? Not to mention how you have taken your "material" comment out of its original context....which was to snipe at the use of silicone for this statue.

Your post was not an exchange of an idea at all - you even start off with "I'm gonna play devils advocate here...." - indicating that you want to be controversial......

I find it particularly ironic that you feel attacked for my "yapping on comments of other people" - when the post I quoted from YOU was doing exactly that to someone else.......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:07 PM   #149
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
There’s nothing wrong with what you’ve written but whenever I read a comment a long the same lines, I’m always thinking that we have no idea if even our current Polystone statues, will last as long as is being advertised for these silicone pieces.

There are a few older Sideshow pieces which have failed, either due to flanking paint, fabric deterioration, and leaning issues.

Hopefully with ‘newer’ statues this won’t happen, but again we have no idea as even now we’re still having issues being posted to social media. For example with Prime 1 pieces they’re still having statues leaning and fabric capes flaking for some collectors maybe because of environmental factors.

Nothing in the hobby is totally assured, but I guess knowing there’s a potential 25 year ticking clock is concerning. I honestly wonder if most of us will still be in this hobby within that timeframe.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:03 PM   #150
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Really.....you do know that everyone can read your whole statement, and not just the last sentence? Not to mention how you have taken your "material" comment out of its original context....which was to snipe at the use of silicone for this statue.

Your post was not an exchange of an idea at all - you even start off with "I'm gonna play devils advocate here...." - indicating that you want to be controversial......

I find it particularly ironic that you feel attacked for my "yapping on comments of other people" - when the post I quoted from YOU was doing exactly that to someone else.......
Ha ha indeed.
Learn to read somewhere other than in your tormented mind. Really.
When I quoted Chronos, I did not sneakily allege that he lined up so-called facts to convince himself that he made the right choice. I didn’t use the words petty or unhappy or negativity or whatever.. I simply responded point by point to his assertions by expressing my disagreement - or not - and explaining why.
And I didn’t do it in an aggressive way.
Don’t try to project your own flaws onto others, and let Chronos respond to my post if he wants to. He doesn’t need an embittered janitor to do the job for him.

And now... and really really really, I don't say that in an offensive way, if you don't mind
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote