Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-26-2020, 06:10 PM   #151
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
There’s nothing wrong with what you’ve written but whenever I read a comment a long the same lines, I’m always thinking that we have no idea if even our current Polystone statues, will last as long as is being advertised for these silicone pieces.

There are a few older Sideshow pieces which have failed, either due to flanking paint, fabric deterioration, and leaning issues.

Hopefully with ‘newer’ statues this won’t happen, but again we have no idea as even now we’re still having issues being posted to social media. For example with Prime 1 pieces they’re still having statues leaning and fabric capes flaking for some collectors maybe because of environmental factors.

Nothing in the hobby is totally assured, but I guess knowing there’s a potential 25 year ticking clock is concerning. I honestly wonder if most of us will still be in this hobby within that timeframe.
Paradoxically, silicone is both very resistant and fragile, especially over time.
Polystone is more stable; the mixture of stone powder and resin helps. And more importantly , it’s more eco-friendly than silicone.
About the leaning, the engineering is probably not completely innocent...?
The greatest danger for our media-covered and polystone statues are the moths and the sometimes premature aging of the fabrics used. As for painting, it’s true, no one can say whether the original makeup of Red Sonja will still be as perfect in 20 or 30 years. But we’ll always find good painters.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:43 PM   #152
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Ha ha indeed.
Learn to read somewhere other than in your tormented mind. Really.
When I quoted Chronos, I did not sneakily allege that he lined up so-called facts to convince himself that he made the right choice. I didn’t use the words petty or unhappy or negativity or whatever.. I simply responded point by point to his assertions by expressing my disagreement - or not - and explaining why.
And I didn’t do it in an aggressive way.
As I understood his post, he was sharing with us his reasoning for why he spent HIS money. What is there for you to disagree with? Was he spending your cash? All of his points were subjective based on his rationale and supported with his own personal investment. Your "counter points" were equally subjective, but lacking any investment and with the sole purpose of simply undermining his justifications - therefore, petty.

Quote:
Don’t try to project your own flaws onto others, and let Chronos respond to my post if he wants to. He doesn’t need an embittered janitor to do the job for him.
I assume he's simply ignored your vitriol and given your posts the attention they deserve, which makes him a smarter guy than me. Given the negative and disparaging contents of your posts, I would consider who the "embittered" party is......

Why not turn that frown upside down and follow a thread which features a statue you're interested in? Or are you hoping this statue will suddenly be produced using Polystone?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:45 PM   #153
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Paradoxically, silicone is both very resistant and fragile, especially over time.
Polystone is more stable; the mixture of stone powder and resin helps. And more importantly , it’s more eco-friendly than silicone.
About the leaning, the engineering is probably not completely innocent...?
The greatest danger for our media-covered and polystone statues are the moths and the sometimes premature aging of the fabrics used. As for painting, it’s true, no one can say whether the original makeup of Red Sonja will still be as perfect in 20 or 30 years. But we’ll always find good painters.
All true.

But I’ve always been hesitant with regards to repaints. The cost can sometimes be cost prohibitive depending on where you live once you include shipping to and from a painter and that’s sometimes in the same state and region due to the size of the statue’s box and weight. And once you include the painters charge rate.....
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:47 PM   #154
French Cancan
Deadman

Old 10-26-2020, 06:50 PM   #155
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
All true.

But I’ve always been hesitant with regards to repaints. The cost can sometimes be cost prohibitive depending on where you live once you include shipping to and from a painter and that’s sometimes in the same state and region due to the size of the statue’s box and weight. And once you include the painters charge rate.....
ah, the life of a collector can have hard times... sometimes...
Old 10-26-2020, 07:03 PM   #156
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
ah, the life of a collector can have hard times... sometimes...
I know, I know. It’s ridiculous that I’m bringing up a potential $500 plus cost when I’ve just preordered a $2,200 USD piece.

Fingers crossed for everyone.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:15 PM   #157
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
I know. It’s ridiculous that I’m bringing up a potential $500 plus cost when I’ve just preordered a $2,200 USD piece.

Fingers crossed for everyone.
Oh no no no, I didn't say that in an offensive or snarky way!!

Hopefully you'll be happy with your golden beauty, and that the divorce won't happen before 20 or 30 years
Old 10-26-2020, 07:16 PM   #158
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Oh no no no, I didn't say that in an offensive way!!

Hopefully you'll be happy with your golden beauty, and that the divorce won't happen before 20 or 30 years
Don’t worry. I took it that way. I actually thought about softening my response, with another I know.

And that would still be longer than a lot of marriages nowadays!!!

Especially among celebrities.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:04 PM   #159
Augen
Metal Men

https://www.secretcompassonline.com/...erreal-Statue/

If people missed I see Secret Compass still has it. Also free shipping to 48 US states.

EDIT: This was posted on the 26th, by the 29th it was sold out

Last edited by Augen; 10-29-2020 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Went from available to sold out
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:11 PM   #160
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
https://www.secretcompassonline.com/...erreal-Statue/

If people missed I see Secret Compass still has it. Also free shipping to 48 US states.
BUY BUY BUY!!!

Wonder how long it’ll last.