Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #1071
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

haha man i really don't know, sorry about that.
By the way, no i don't care about the shorter leg because the pose is juste perfect like that. i can't imagine him without that kind of pose. I don't know if you see what I mean
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #1072
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni_Akuma_1982 View Post
haha man i really don't know, sorry about that.
By the way, no i don't care about the shorter leg because the pose is juste perfect like that. i can't imagine him without that kind of pose. I don't know if you see what I mean
I see what you mean, and TBH I probably wouldn't try to fix it either. Since the clothes are poor quality I would be worried I would tear something taking them off and breaking the suspenders.
Darkgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #1073
Oni_Akuma_1982

yeah and with the 300 dollars refund, i just can be happy ! Thanks for the help man
Old 04-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #1074
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
yeah and with the 300 dollars refund, i just can be happy ! Thanks for the help man
No problem!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #1075
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
I see what you mean, and TBH I probably wouldn't try to fix it either. Since the clothes are poor quality I would be worried I would tear something taking them off and breaking the suspenders.
Honestly, why did we pay Enterbay the kind of money we did for such a poor quality, but admittedly great looking product? Mine was flawless but I was pretty anxious as the percentage of flawed EB pieces is pretty high. My LCS brought in 4 Batmans and 4 Jokers and sent back 3 Batmen and 2 Jokers. Those are sad numbers IMHO.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #1076
Oni_Akuma_1982

i think the best is to buy them from other buys and no directly from EB such as Timcent (ebay). They check before shipping. Sorry, i'm a new collector but i don't think they have a poor quality man !
That Joker is better than the hot toys one ...
Old 04-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #1077
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Honestly, why did we pay Enterbay the kind of money we did for such a poor quality, but admittedly great looking product?
I kind of think you answered your question. We paid that sort of money because what it looks like, as that what overrides poor quality because we get so sucked in by looks. IMO we were basically paying for a realistic and most accurate Ledger head sculpt to date, the rest of the figure is poor quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Mine was flawless but I was pretty anxious as the percentage of flawed EB pieces is pretty high. My LCS brought in 4 Batmans and 4 Jokers and sent back 3 Batmen and 2 Jokers. Those are sad numbers IMHO.
Yeah mine was flawless to and you are right that is sad about the returns etc but that is Enterbay for you. As long as something looks nice it doesn't matter to them if it is poor quality because like I said people get sucked in by looks and Enterbay knows that, hence why they do not care about QC. They know the item will sell because what it looks like.

I hope another company comes along and can produce better figures than them with better quality because someone needs to send a message to Enterbay that they should not be allowed to produce such inferior products despite how good they look!

Old 04-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #1078
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
i think the best is to buy them from other buys and no directly from EB such as Timcent (ebay). They check before shipping.
Yep that is where I got mine from.

Quote:
Sorry, i'm a new collector but i don't think they have a poor quality man !
That Joker is better than the hot toys one ...
I can't believe you are saying this when you have a quality control problem which is the shorter leg, a common problem with nearly every 1/4 scale release. Also take a look at the outfit the lapels look like they are about to fly off his coat and the tie is awful.

Apart from the head sculpt, the rest of the figure pretty much pales in comparison to the Hot Toys one as far as quality is concerned. The head sculpt looks more realistic and better paint job and likeness than Hot Toys but that is the only thing better about it. So yes the head sculpt on the enterbay one is better and nicer to look at but the quality of the figure overall including the clothes is poor compared to Hot Toys.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #1079
Oni_Akuma_1982

That's why i said i'm a new collector. I have a lot to learn but i'm already happy with them. My Joker is perfect now, i didn't see the shorter leg anymore and i paid it at a very good price.

I've also ordered the 1/4 Hot Toys Batman, can't wait to get it and make the comparison !
Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #1080
Vracula
Jedi Order

Sub par quality with accurate likeness vs good quality with sub par likeness, what a terrible hobby to be in.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote