Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-09-2018, 04:47 AM   #421
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I'm confused, so the "dream" version is unpainted except for batman?
The prototype at STGCC was complete grey. The dream version has a different coloring at NYCC and must be complete painted.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #422
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
I liked the overall idea of it, but i would like to raise two points for discussion :

1) I believe the price is a issue, even considering how ambitious this is

2) I belive this is will be the kind of piece that people will buy and regret later, because in the end you do not have much of a clear view of a lot of stuff, it is a lot going on

3) The fact that they put so much characters makes me question a bit their representation, there are several that i am not completely satisfied

Just my two cents
1) While I do think the price could probably be a little cheaper, I don't think it's really far off from what would be expected from 12 characters in a 1:6 scale statue, even if all of them aren't full 1:6 characters. I'm not sure what you have in mind but there's no way they would price it significantly lower when you consider how much everything else on the market costs. That's just not going to happen. Plus factor in that XM's stuff tends to cost a bit more to begin with.

2) I would think (hope, whatever) that people who choose to spend this much $ know what they're getting and understand their own tastes. If you end up regretting it, that's not the statues fault. Plus as has been said many times before on here, I think this is a really, really good option for people who love Batman, would like to have a lot of the rogues, but don't want to fill up the space that 12 different statues would take.

3) Not really much to talk about there; it's all just personal opinion. I think they pretty much all look great and the only thing I'm unsure of is whether or not Ivy should have human skin tone.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #423
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm sort of split right now on if I want to purchase this.

As much as I admire the concept, there's only 6 characters(including Batman) that I really really want. So in essence I'd be paying around 3K for six 1/6 scale characters while the others are basically base accessories.

But then I go back to the fact I'm not going to find statues of these characters designed this way so it's very hard to pass up.

This rendered version of the sculpt is my favorite look and I hope the final prototype can match it.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:47 PM   #424
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah, instead of talk of lowering the price, I'd actually prefer if they kept the price the same and included some switch outs.

Batman with his head looking up and mouth open was a good idea, and things like those alternate Man-Bat wings, maybe Catwoman with the goggles down, Harley without the hat, removable dome on Freeze (maybe this is already possible,) alternate gun hand for Joker, stuff like that. I'm not saying 1 for every character, but those are the most prominent characters in the statue that would be easiest to make them work.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #425
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
All these smokey/whipped cream bases need really some improvements.

They could try balloons...
This is actually a pretty cool reference for how they need to approach the paint for the "Dream" version. Don't just leave it white, use different tones of whites and grays to enhance the proposed effect.

P.S. So... they don't call the fully painted one "Sanity" and the smokey one "Insanity?"
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #426
gem_mint
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I'm sort of split right now on if I want to purchase this.

As much as I admire the concept, there's only 6 characters(including Batman) that I really really want. So in essence I'd be paying around 3K for six 1/6 scale characters while the others are basically base accessories.

But then I go back to the fact I'm not going to find statues of these characters designed this way so it's very hard to pass up.

This rendered version of the sculpt is my favorite look and I hope the final prototype can match it.
What up P. XM said shipping will be domestic, not overseas.
gem_mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:35 PM   #427
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_mint View Post
What up P. XM said shipping will be domestic, not overseas.
Hey Gem. Thanks for the info.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #428
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #429
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

This piece is so odd for me in regard to the females. Catwoman and Harley have such pretty faces, but Ivy's is hideous.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #430
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This piece is so odd for me in regard to the females. Catwoman and Harley have such pretty faces, but Ivy's is hideous.
I agree about Ivy not being anywhere near as beautiful as Harley and Selina.

Not a flattering angle for Joker there, either.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote