Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-25-2019, 05:25 PM   #541
Maldis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Managed to get the color version PO'd last night. It was pricey but was too cool to pass up. Unfortunately I am going to have to cancel other POs to pay for it.
Maldis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:32 PM   #542
Matson1984
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thank god. Managed to get the Single Smoke version from CollectablesDirectUk. I emailed them yesterday about getting these in and there owner had reserved the single Smoke piece they were getting for me so that's all pre ordered now. Really happy with this as it goes perfectly with the Rogues Gallery art print I got from Sideshow.
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:04 AM   #543
Eltjar

Thanks@All for answering my MF-Dome Question.

If XM really did this on purpose (leaving the dome out of the Dream-Version), it is indeed a strange decision.

But like with most things - it is, what it is..
Eltjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:40 AM   #544
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltjar View Post
Thanks@All for answering my MF-Dome Question.

If XM really did this on purpose (leaving the dome out of the Dream-Version), it is indeed a strange decision.

But like with most things - it is, what it is..
In addition, the smoke version of Freeze does not have a clear dome helmet - this is not an oversight. Because the smoke version is a concept of Batman being surrounded by his mental imagined foes (i.e. nightmare), having a physical clear dome on floating smoke conflicts against the concept.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #545
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios Album News

"XM Studios is excited to present our first 1:6 DC EPIC DIORAMA series, Batman - Sanity by David Finch! Fan favorite Batman artist David stunned the entire XM team when he presented his concept. We expected greatness from David and he delivered above and beyond. The XM team had initially briefed David to disregard practicality and manufacturing limitations, we asked for the madnes and David delivered us sanity. An incredible and perfectly balanced compostion of top Batman villains surrounding the Dark Knight, taunting him endlessly pushing him over the edge. But this is Batman. And his mental willpower and determination is perhaps his strongest ability. This Art Piece is a testament to the Dark Knight's iron-willed resolve to never cross the line - and hold on to his sanity even when surrounded by the darkest evil.

Sanity comes in 2 Art museum worthy paint application; a full colored version (Limited max to 388 pieces produced) and the Noir inspired smoke painted version (Limited to 108 pieces produced). The colored version allows collectors to appreciate the varied villains in their brightest glory. Every villain carefully painted and their infamous colors and details brought to life, with the Dark Knight in the middle, holding his own. The smoke inspired version is in reality fully painted but with various tones of black and greys. There are also more weathering and detailing work done to bring out the sculpt details hence the paint effort is equivalent to the colored version. In addition, the smoke version of Freeze does not have a clear dome helmet - this is not an oversight. Because the smoke version is a concept of Batman being surrounded by his mental imagined foes (i.e. nightmare), having a physical clear dome on floating smoke conflicts against the concept.

This magnificent art is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:6 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the famous XM quality finish."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #546
built2shred
Phoenix

I understand the reasoning for not having the dome on Freeze but it doesn't change the fact he looks weird without it... I think they would of been better off putting it on
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:34 PM   #547
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I understand the reasoning for not having the dome on Freeze but it doesn't change the fact he looks weird without it... I think they would of been better off putting it on
The more I think about it their reasoning makes zero sense. Are they saying because the helmet is an inanimate object it doesn’t translate to the nightmare inspired smoke? Well then the same could be said for all the rogue’s weapons and they’re included.

I think the actual reason is you can’t do a clear dome in smoke form without it sticking out like a sore thumb. The only way it’d fit with the visual concept would be to elimainate it being clear and that would look even worse because it’d obscure that excellent face sculpt.

Ultimately this is why the smoke version doesn’t work for me. It’s a cool idea and I love the muted look of the rogues as it makes Batman the clear centerpiece but bottom line is Mr. Freeze just doesn’t mesh with the concept. I think a better option would’ve been to replace Freeze with The Riddler on this variant. It definitely would’ve made the decision of which piece to go with a lot tougher.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #548
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

That reasoning is dumb...
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #549
Eltjar

XM should just include the helmet (an integral part of the visual identity of the Mr.Freeze character, imo)
and let the collectors decide for themselfs, if they'd put it on or not.

The reasoning for not including the dome is.. uhm...riiiiight
Eltjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:26 PM   #550
built2shred
Phoenix

maybe make the helmet clear with small parts of it with a smokey look to it... (shrug)
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote