Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-09-2018, 01:13 PM   #1441
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
You’re most welcome. Yeah, that price feels a bit high. I love CGN. It’s where I buy nearly all my trade books. Can’t beat the prices and the selection, other than the titles that are sold out of course. I find you can get variant covers here that you can’t find on amazon, for example.

Where this book is concerned, I wish Marvel had titled it Ms. Marvel rather than Captain Marvel. I wonder if that means they’re less likely to produce an Omnibus of the original Captain Marvel. Even though I’ve got the complete run of his Marvel Masterworks reprints, would still like to see Mar-Vell get the Omnibus treatment.
Agreed on all points.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:25 AM   #1442
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
All three volumes of this Omnibus are gold!
There will be 3 volumes huh... Nice I have been waiting for this omni series to finally start to be reprinted for a long time. Never Heard anything bad about it.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #1443
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

My Thor Heroes Reborn Omnibus vol 2 arrived several days ago. Had all of these in TPB but super happy Jurgens’ run has been given this deluxe treatment!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:01 PM   #1444
protector2814
Phoenix

Anyone order the November release - Marvel Knights Omnibus? From what I gather, it looks to be a collection of all the Quesada' Daredevil run + his various minis & 1-shots w/ the character. But ... it's real fat, 720 pages, so I'm wondering what else is in it. I'm sure I have it all in long boxes but this book's really caught my eye. Amazon's barely reduced it & is selling it for $100.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #1445
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Anyone order the November release - Marvel Knights Omnibus? From what I gather, it looks to be a collection of all the Quesada' Daredevil run + his various minis & 1-shots w/ the character. But ... it's real fat, 720 pages, so I'm wondering what else is in it. I'm sure I have it all in long boxes but this book's really caught my eye. Amazon's barely reduced it & is selling it for $100.

It’s $59.99 on CGN, Jerry.

https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/m...mnibus-hc.html
Old 12-06-2018, 02:42 PM   #1446
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Just ordered Silver Surfer by Slott and Allred Omnibus and Punisher Max by Garth Ennis Omnibus, vol. 2
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #1447
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
There will be 3 volumes huh... Nice I have been waiting for this omni series to finally start to be reprinted for a long time. Never Heard anything bad about it.
That’s because it one of the single best comic book series ever created. Often it’s heralded as the single best comic book series of the 1970s.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #1448
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Very excited for Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 4; however, I sure wish they used the cover to ASM #120 or #121 instead of the one in this image.

https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/s...omita-cvr.html

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 12-10-2018 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Changed vol 3 to 4
Old 12-10-2018, 09:43 PM   #1449
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Very excited for Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 4; however, I sure wish they used the cover to ASM #120 or #121 instead of the one in this image.

https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/s...omita-cvr.html
Yeah, can't say I'm fond of the cover, but whatevs, I'll take it! Added to wishlist.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #1450
protector2814
Phoenix

I usually get an omnibus for Christmas but I'm having a tough time deciding between two. I have the 1st volume of Deadly Hands Of Kung Fu & really enjoyed it. Even though it was a 70's b&w mag., the stories actually continued between issues &, read as a whole, are quite entertaining w/ great art, but there's also a lot of filler articles pertaining to the Martial Arts craze of the same era, & those are way too dated to love.
My 2nd choice being the Marvel Knights omnibus, which could be also great to read as a whole. I remember the Marvel Knights stuff being great in the beginning, but I'm pretty sure it went downhill after a while; except the Ennis' Punisher stuff which stayed brilliant right up 'til the end. The Kung Fu Omni., once it's gone, will be gone forever. The Marvel Knights might vanish as well. "Hmmm" what would you all ask for?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote