Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-12-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
dannyz6969
Frackin!

How do i fix broken pig tails?

I was moving, the statue fell just barely a few inches off the ground and it hit the pavement, breaking the fragile pony tails. how can i fix this? i have some strong super glue i think called loc tite. is this the only way? will it work?
dannyz6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:57 AM   #2
Star-struck
The Spirit

It depends if the break was clean or not. Can you post some pictures?
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
dannyz6969
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-struck View Post
It depends if the break was clean or not. Can you post some pictures?
Dang i dont have any photos on me at the moment. i can try later when i get home.

The breaks are indeed clean. one pig tail pops back in, not 100% sturdy, but i can pop it in and it will stay on like nothing happened. a small tiny bit of glue i think wouldnt hurt to 100% secure it.

Not so lucky with the other one. That one has some rigid lines, but i can line it up and align it cleanly, and stick it on with super glue
Old 05-12-2020, 10:31 AM   #4
Star-struck
The Spirit

What I do is put a tiny bit of superglue on the end of a toothpick and dab a super small amount onto one of the ends then hold it in place for a minute or two. I've only had trouble when I put too much glue and it either made the break noticeable or seeped out of the sides.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:36 AM   #5
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz6969 View Post
I was moving, the statue fell just barely a few inches off the ground and it hit the pavement, breaking the fragile pony tails. how can i fix this? i have some strong super glue i think called loc tite. is this the only way? will it work?
Hey dannyz

when you LCBS reopens, I would check there because my LCBS has a guy who will repair statues if any of there would happen to suffer a break or if they buy a statue from a customer and it has a break.

Hopefully you are able to repair the piece successfully. It sucks when that happens.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:56 AM   #6
dannyz6969
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-struck View Post
What I do is put a tiny bit of superglue on the end of a toothpick and dab a super small amount onto one of the ends then hold it in place for a minute or two. I've only had trouble when I put too much glue and it either made the break noticeable or seeped out of the sides.
thank you the toothpick method is great, i almost forgot about it!

thanks guys
Old 05-14-2020, 12:01 AM   #7
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I fixed my Huntress staff by gently hand drilling out both ends of the break, then putting a metal rod in it that was very snug, no glue needed so I can take it apart like it was meant to be, but it holds tightly. Add a small amount of super glue to that and you'd be set with pigtails, but pics are a must to determine what would work best.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote