Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 05-27-2020, 11:25 AM   #41
Harbinger176
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
4 days remaining of May.. if i am honest, i am really not expecting to receive my Captain Marvel. No doubt Sideshow will send out more delay emails soon. It really is an eye opener as to the struggles the factories are facing in the face of COVID-19. This is one reason i have not pre_order anything new in 2020.
I got an email about two weeks ago saying that SS was ready to process my Captain Marvel order early on May 22 but couldn't do it because of some unexpected financial matters.

My final payment isn't until the end of June but I'm thinking about switching to single pay in a couple of weeks. I'm just hoping that SS didn't ship out all their early batches they yet. Been waiting so long for this one.
Harbinger176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:42 AM   #42
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger176 View Post
I got an email about two weeks ago saying that SS was ready to process my Captain Marvel order early on May 22 but couldn't do it because of some unexpected financial matters.

My final payment isn't until the end of June but I'm thinking about switching to single pay in a couple of weeks. I'm just hoping that SS didn't ship out all their early batches they yet. Been waiting so long for this one.
I am not sure what is going down over at Sideshow Collectibles HQ

It is now June. Their website still states Captain Marvel shipping in May ?

This time, there has been no email mentioning delay?

All the other months of delay have been met with a delay email.

I noticed an Ebay seller that ships from China. They are calling their sale a pre_order. If someone in China does not have Captain Marvel, could this mean Sideshow still have a wait on their hands before they get theirs?

If Hot Toys are stuggling this much because of COVID-19, i cannot begin to imagine the delays that might happen when it comes to statues. Companies that take 1 year might even up taking 2 years to ship. Companies that take 2 or more years to ship, might end up making collectors wiat 4 years. Crazy times for collectors. It makes Ebay 'ready to ship' pieces look all the more tempting
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:58 AM   #43
never settle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

got mine shipped from SS about 2 weeks ago.. just been waiting to make room on my shelves before breaking her out..
never settle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:24 AM   #44
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by never settle View Post
got mine shipped from SS about 2 weeks ago.. just been waiting to make room on my shelves before breaking her out..
Reg or Deluxe?
I'm waiting on the Reg.
The Deluxe shipped month ago.
My Reg has been on final payment for months.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:36 AM   #45
ukshaun
Hercules

In an unusual move, Sideshow have not sent out emails mentioning further delays?
The SSC website has not been updated either and lists May as an expected shipping date, even although it is now June 10th

I sent an email over to Hot Toys, and they appear not to have an anwser?

Hello,
Good day

Thanks for your support to Hot Toys.

Please be advised to check with your retail for the updated release schedule.

Thanks
Best Regards
GT/ Hot Toys Ltd
Old 06-10-2020, 07:57 AM   #46
never settle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Reg or Deluxe?
I'm waiting on the Reg.
The Deluxe shipped month ago.
My Reg has been on final payment for months.
ahh yes.. sorry. deluxe..
never settle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 09:23 AM   #47
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by never settle View Post
ahh yes.. sorry. deluxe..
That is what i figured.
I did not order the deluxe, as i did not want the cat or jacket. If i had known the wait for the reg was going to be so much longer i would have ordered the deluxe.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:35 PM   #48
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
That is what i figured.
I did not order the deluxe, as i did not want the cat or jacket. If i had known the wait for the reg was going to be so much longer i would have ordered the deluxe.
Update:

Sideshow got back in touch.
They had a small batch in, and are awaiting another batch. For the moment, there is no known date of arrival.

It goes to show how much COVID-19 has hit Hot Toys, the factories.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:11 AM   #49
ukshaun
Hercules

As the end of June nears and July edges ever closer, my order for Captain Marvel still states May.
It appears Sideshow do not bother to send out delay emails at the moment, probably because there are too many of them (delays).

It makes sense to order Hot Toys directly from sellers in Japan. First of all, you will receive a 1st batch figure. Sideshow customers tend to have wait atleast 1 month after Japanese customers. Once Sideshow receive their batch, there is guarantee they will have enough to send out to all Sideshow customers. I am one of those customer waiting for Sideshow next batch to arrive. Also, i used a lot of points on my Captain Marvel. I had wondered if points users get pushed to the back of the queue?
Old 07-11-2020, 08:00 AM   #50
ukshaun
Hercules

Breaking News..
Captain Marvel (regular) is expected to arrive into the Sideshow warehouse on Wednesday 15th July 2020