Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-24-2021, 07:42 PM   #951
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoldner View Post
I take it you have never been hunting before. In the first movie, That is what they were looking at when they found Hawkins gear. His Guts. That's how they knew he was dead. They were looking at the mans kidneys.

Thanks Jinkazama !
I imagine his insides being spread about the jungle floor was simply a result of the manner in which he was brutally killed. I wouldn't take that as proof that they have a natural inclination to "gut" their prey unless it's been officially stated somewhere.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:45 AM   #952
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I imagine his insides being spread about the jungle floor was simply a result of the manner in which he was brutally killed. I wouldn't take that as proof that they have a natural inclination to "gut" their prey unless it's been officially stated somewhere.
Really? First, In the movie. They are in a nice, Neat, little pile. Not spread around the jungle.
Second. Nobody here has ever been hunting.? You field dress a kill right on the spot.

Many reasons why to so this also. And Predator knows all of them.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:05 AM   #953
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Really? First, In the movie. They are in a nice, Neat, little pile. Not spread around the jungle.
You're right. There's a small pile of his "guts" underneath his hanging body. I always assumed that they had fallen from whatever wound the predator inflicted to his body. When I said "spread across the jungle", I was referring to the trail of blood leading to the guts.

Quote:
Second. Nobody here has ever been hunting.? You field dress a kill right on the spot.
I have never been hunting, nor do I plan to partake. I have no reason or desire to kill defenseless animals, but that's another argument.

Quote:
Many reasons why to so this also. And Predator knows all of them.
Looks like the reason you do this is to preserve the meat for eating.

We don't see the predator do this to any other character, or in any other film (and we don't see him do it to Hawkins either - it's literally just a pile of guts sitting there).

In conclusion I don't think there is enough evidence to say the predator intentionally gutted Hawkins to eat his insides.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:28 AM   #954
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ Poison in the guts release fairly quickly post-mortem. One must remove them promptly not to contaminate the rest of the meat. Yes, Predator ate his victims. But part 2, Busey explains he's eating the beef in the warehouse. Therefore, no need to skin his prey in the sequel. Solely for trophies at that point.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:20 PM   #955
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I deleted my reply to Zoldner, but I'll put a further 2cents in...

It's accurate to say that there's evidence for either viewpoint here.

As I understand it, disemboweling could serve four purposes.

1. Embalming (taxidermy)
2. Food
3. Torture
and somewhat related, 4. As a warning/scare tactic for other prey

There's no evidence of 1 or 3, which leaves 2 and 4.

At this point, you can take the first movie (with Hopper and his men flayed and possibly disemboweled, and Hawkins possibly disemboweled [although that seems like a small amount of guts to me, to indicate full disembowelment...]), as a totally separate fiction, and conclude that Yautja eat their prey.

Or you could say THIS Yautja ate his prey because he had few food options...OR that he's just an atypical Yautja who eats his prey.

Canon established after the first movie seems to contradict or at least indicate they don't do any of the above. Purely head-hunters.

This all refers to only normal Predators. Super Predators may indeed do all of the above.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:02 AM   #956
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

I'm just saying that if he ever crashed on a Island with only you, him and the coconuts. You're theory of them not eating people is going to go sideways really quick....That's all I'm saying. :P
Old 02-27-2021, 01:04 AM   #957
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Predators kill for sport, and they keep the skulls and bones of their victims as trophies.'Nuff said........
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:20 AM   #958
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I'm just saying that if he ever crashed on a Island with only you, him and the coconuts. You're theory of them not eating people is going to go sideways really quick....That's all I'm saying. :P
Well, they are hunters, and I am made of meat, so I wouldn't deny that.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:42 PM   #959
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

I just seen some in hand photos of the City hunter in the China market. I hope we get a chance to see some of the Jungle hunter before they ship. The city hunter paint apps look Fantastic. Wonder if there is any difference from a Master-line piece. Can anyone tell me if master-line statues get more TLC on paint then normal ones.
Or what even does it mean to be qualified as a Master line. to Prime 1? Thanks
Old 04-24-2021, 09:24 AM   #960
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Pics up on Facebook. Paint on open mouth head looks terrible in regards alignment on the top of head. Hoping it’s just a one off.
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote